Bacon-Cheddar Omlet Roll
  Re: (...)
If you're looking for a dish for, well most any time of the day or night, here's one we enjoy immensely. You can vary the ingredients it's rolled around however you wish...

* Exported from MasterCook *

Bacon and Cheddar Omelet Roll

Recipe By :Bill Cotton
Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Eggs-Dairy-Breakfast

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
parchment paper
1/2 cup cottage cheese
3/4 cup half and half
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
2 teaspoons Zesty Garlic
1/2 cup chopped leeks
12 large eggs
2 tablespoons Dijon or whole grain mustard
6 ounces cheddar cheese (1 1/2 cups) -- grated
8 ounces bacon (1 1/2 cups) -- cooked and crumbled

Preheat oven to 375F.

Cut an 18-inch long piece of parchment paper. Press into the bottom and up the sides of a 10- X 15- X 1 1/2-inch pan. Pinch the corners to prevent the egg mixture from running under the parchment.

Place cottage cheese and half-and-half in a blender and process for 20 seconds, or until well combined. Add flour and salt and blend for 20 seconds.

Add eggs to the blender and process until well incorporated and the mixture is lemon colored.

Pour the egg mixture into the prepared pan. Bake for 30-33 minutes, or until the omelet is puffy and golden.

Remove omelet from the oven; immediately spread with Dijon mustard. Sprinkle with 2/3 of the cheese; top with bacon and leeks. Starting on one short side, roll up jelly-roll fashion, removing parchment paper as you roll.

Garnish with the remaining cheese. Let stand for 5 minutes, until the cheese melts. Slice and serve.

Source:
"basic recipe from Costco Cookbook"

Source:
"Adapted from Costco Cookbook"
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Bacon-Cheddar Omlet Roll by bjcotton (If you're looking fo...)
My favorites are the "breakfast" type foods--this sounds like a try me!! Thanks bj

AND BTW---dog sitting does not seem a legitimate enough reason NOT to join in on our next dinner party---you just might have to bring along a few extra items--or I'm sure they have what you might need in Portland-- AH___COME ON!!!!

Let's see what Jean comes up with
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Bacon-Cheddar Omlet Roll by Roxanne 21 (My favorites are the...)
Be sure to use that Whole Grain Mustard if you can. The taste it adds to the dish is really good. If you like breakfast type dishes, I have another one (I haven't made it, but Jean did..it was awesome) that has attained some popularity. I'll post it later.

Billy
  Re: Re: Bacon-Cheddar Omlet Roll by bjcotton (Be sure to use that ...)
Mustard of ANY type is available here---thanx for the tip!!

That other recipe is really interesting TOO!!!!! Cholesterol check anybody!!!

YUMMMM---
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Bacon-Cheddar Omlet Roll by Roxanne 21 (Mustard of ANY type ...)
Thank you Billy, another beaut. I love to make a fluffy omlette from one egg for kids. Little kids. Little pan. Beat white and yolk separately until both are thick, fold in together a bit. Cook on the stove top until lightly browned underneath, then a brief sojourn under the grill, to melt the cheese and warm the skinned seeded tomato. Folding is hard, it is so fat it looks like a pair of big fat lips. Mine mostly split down the back a little. I should be more careful.

I am told by the experts that to Brown an omlette is a Major Nono. I don't care, I like them browned. So there. I can do the pallid french jobs, and they are OK. But I love the big fat fluffies, with browned bums, and barely cooked tops. Folding a 6 egger is easier than a one egger.
  Re: Re: Bacon-Cheddar Omlet Roll by vannin (Thank you Billy, an...)
"I am told by the experts that to Brown an omlette is a Major Nono." - You bet it is!! My Chef instructor never raised his voice, but man, a browned omelet would set him off royally!!

Another big no-no is green around the yolk of a hard cooked egg - that set him off also!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Bacon-Cheddar Omlet Roll by cjs ("I am told by the ex...)
ROTFLMAO Jean. That man would definately kill me. Knives, forks, screwdrivers, anything to hand would disappear into my heart. Cleavers, pliers and bench saws. Good gracious, it is endless. I suppose I could behave for, maybe, one lesson. After that the riots would simple have to start. I am given to understand the 'browned bomblette' came here with the American Servicemen of WW2. We had lots of R&R men, and indeed able bodied as well. They built many buildings here, still used today. For schools hospitals and suchlike. There were far too many wounded. So injured, it doesn't bare thinking about. Our own were too, but they were in Africa, Italy, Europe. To far from us. Anyway, back to omlettes. It is Americas fault that I was taught to make omlettes the way I do. Fair and square. It's your fault. You lot. Our American patients, and guests, liked the taste of the butter nutting up, so we made them that way. And they browned. In those days the butter came in barrels for those who used a lot. Domestically it came in large 1 lb blobs, which my grandmother smacked brutally, to get the last of the whey out. I still have her paddles. The intermediate school I attended when I was 11-12, was (each room) a ward for 6 men in the last war. All American, and they wanted their omlettes brown, so they could smell the butter. So, you see, we brown them still. Just as on the trolleys that used to go from room to room. Cooking. They usually had a good brown bread to go with it, buttered, and one piece of seasonal fruit. For lunch. One man, three eggs. They ate oatmeal (porridge) with thick milk and brown sugar for breakfast. Two slices of toast, with jam. Dinner was mostly heavy meat stews/casserole with potatoes, kumara, pumpkin and whatever green of the day. On Sundays they got a roast dinner with a small dessert. Now why do I know this. Because I found out, creeping through the cobwebs and 7 foot spiders in the various gross basements. And what stories I read, they were mouldering then. Probably all gone now, besides I could not fit into the tiny drains and manholes I accessed so easily then.
  Re: Re: Bacon-Cheddar Omlet Roll by vannin (ROTFLMAO Jean. Tha...)
"And what stories I read, they were mouldering then. Probably all gone now," - and what a bloody shame that is!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Bacon-Cheddar Omlet Roll by cjs ("And what stories I ...)
Yes Jean, it really is. Too much lost. Far to much. Tragic.
  Re: Re: Bacon-Cheddar Omlet Roll by cjs ("And what stories I ...)
Jean, you should change your location below you name on a daily basis so we'll know where you are.

Billy