Champagne Brunch #1
  Re: (...)
We had our firt champagne brunch in an absolute downpour here in Salt Lake City this a.m. I made a breakfast casserole that I have no idea how many years ago I clipped/copied from somewhere...and it's really tastey!!

Breakfast Casserole

1 1/2 lb. bulk pork sausage or bulk Italian sausage
2-4 shakes Tabasco sauce
Nonstick cooking spray
2-1/2 cups seasoned croutons
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (8 oz.)
2-1/2 cups milk
4 beaten eggs
3/4 tsp. dry mustard
10-3/4-oz. can condensed cream of mushroom soup
l/2 cup milk

In a large skillet, cook and stir sausage over medium heat until no pink remains; drain.

Meanwhile, lightly coat a 3-quart rectangular baking dish with cooking spray. Spread croutons evenly in bottom of prepared dish. Sprinkle half of the cheese over croutons. Top with sausage.

In a large bowl, combine the 2-1/2 cups milk, the beaten eggs, and the mustard.

Pour over layers in baking dish. Stir together soup and the 1/2 cup milk. Spoon soup mixture evenly over mixture in baking dish.

Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
(Time restraints! I didn’t let it soak up and it was fine!!)

Bake, uncovered, in a 325 degree F oven for 45 minutes. Sprinkle remaining cheese over casserole. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes more or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 10 servings.

I get so irritated when I realize I've had a recipe to try for years and when I finally try it we really like it. I know tho why I haven't made it - remember how years ago all we ever did on Sunday breakfasts were Sausage Overnite Breakfast casseroles....blah, tiring, but I guess I'm past that now. Anyway, this is really quite good.

By the way, I halved this and that works great for those of us with all the kids gone....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Champagne Brunch #1 by cjs (We had our firt cham...)
Thang kew Jean, that looks 'lish. Be good to make before a day out too, so supper was ready when you got home. Perhaps cubed ham could be substited for the sausage, a good way to use left over ham.