Stuffed Pork Loin - Issue 48
  Re: (...)
Has any one tried this ? Since it's coming into winter in Australia I thought it would be great for a long Sunday lunch. Any advice would be appreciated. I loved the idea of the cherry sauce!!
  Re: Stuffed Pork Loin - Issue 48 by PatriciaD (Has any one tried th...)
Shoot, I'm on the road, don't have my magazines with me (so can't drool over recipe)...AND, it coming on summer here!! But, a good pork loin is good anytime, eh?

I haven't tried it, but I'll be there are those who have -
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Yes I did make this and it was quite good. I did change the stuffing a little though because we are not polenta fans. Used fresh bread crumbs--just enough to soak up any liquid and to bind it all together. I followed the recipe as written otherwise. Will make again for sure.

The cherry sauce is incredible---

If you like pork---you will love this!! I'm curious to know if anyone else made it with the polenta?
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy
  Re: Re: Stuffed Pork Loin - Issue 48 by Roxanne 21 (Yes I did make this ...)
Polenta??? This dish has polenta?? Well, I know I'll make it!! (I think I'm going to have to make a list of recipes to look up when I get home...)
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Re: Stuffed Pork Loin - Issue 48 by cjs (Polenta??? This dish...)
I don't care for polenta either. I use bread stuffing, and apricots are a nice addition. So are peaches and nectarines. The cherry sauce sounds awesome.
I have made this four or five times. It's fantastic.
Not a big polenta fan, but it works great with this. You only use half of the stuffing, I bake off the other half and serve it because it's so good.

The sauce is really yummy too.
  Re: Re: Stuffed Pork Loin - Issue 48 by Roxanne 21 (Yes I did make this ...)
So! Who's going to post the recipes? I've got gallons of Bing cherry juice...well, maybe quarts and quarts..got gallons of Santa Rosa plum juice though
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Stuffed Pork Loin - Issue 48 by sondra48 (I have made this fou...)
Thanks guys!! I've looked at this a few times before. I'll have to give it a try! Happy to see you post Sondra! We have a lot of fun here, keep coming back for more!
Loving every moment of my life!!
Thanks I appreciate your comments. I too have my doubts about polenta. Sometines it's great and sometimes yuck. I think it has alot to do with the coarseness of the grain and what's mixed in with it. One I loved had parmesan cheese and the other gorgonzola. The presentation of this just looked so good. We can't do turkey here this time of year because they raise them for the Christmas holidays - the middle of summer here. It's taken me a long time to get use to a roast dinner at Christmas when it's 90F. When I get better at this I'll try and post the recipes.Thanks again!!
  Re: Re: Stuffed Pork Loin - Issue 48 by PatriciaD (Thanks I appreciate ...)
PatriciaD---I certainly can relate to the holidays in different seasonal zones. TURKEY when it's over 100 degrees?? You betcha!!! That's about the only thing that makes it 'feel' as though it's Christmas here. We have them imported from the Americas soo thay have been frozen, of course, and are extremely expensive. When they are available, I always buy a few for the freezer to take care of those turkey 'fixes' during the year. PROBLEM___recent power outages here completely emptied the freezer due to thawing and spoilage Had to give away/throw out tons of stuff---VERY depressing.

Anyway, we recently had a dinner party with polenta and gorgonzola cheese as a side dish. Mixed reviews--one either loves it or hates it--didn't seem to be a middle ground.

BTW---practice makes perfect--keep posting!!!
"Never eat more than you can lift" Miss Piggy