Best Enchilada Sauce...
  Re: (...)
I can't open the Best Enchilada Sauce rec. that Barbrainnc posted... Is anyone else having this problem? If so, could you repost this recipe for us??? purty please..Smile LOL
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Best Enchilada Sauce... by Bizymomma (I can't open the Bes...)
Is this what you're looking for?

In a skillet put 2 T oil, 2 T flour, 1 T chili powder, a little black pepper and garlic powder. Let cook like a roux a few minutes to cook the flour. Slowly whisk in 1 cup of chicken broth. Cut down the heat and let it thicken. This was enough to cover 12 enchiladas. This taste like the restaurant sauce, not hot at all, just flavor.
Tammy
  Re: Re: Best Enchilada Sauce... by TwilightKitten (Is this what you're ...)
Beat me to it Tammy. I put it into MasterCook and here is what it looks like:

* Exported from MasterCook *

Enchilada Sauce

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : A List Condiments-Sauces

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
-------- ------------ --------------------------------
2 tablespoons oil
2 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 pinch black pepper
1 pinch garlic powder
1 cup chicken broth

Put all the ingredients in a skillet and let cook like a roux a few minutes to cook the flour. Slowly whisk in the chicken broth. Cut down the heat and let it thicken.

Source:
"Barbrainnc, [url=mailto:C@H"]C@H"[/url]

NOTES : Makes enough to cover 12 enchiladas.
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Best Enchilada Sauce... by bjcotton (Beat me to it Tammy....)
Yours looks nicer!
Tammy
  Re: Re: Best Enchilada Sauce... by TwilightKitten (Yours looks nicer! [...)
This is what I get when I click on her post:

Proxy Error
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request GET /ubbthreads/showthreaded.php.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.0.53 (Fedora) Server at www.forums.cuisineathome.com Port 80

Billy and Tammy, thanks for passing the rec. along to me!
Loving every moment of my life!!
  Re: Re: Best Enchilada Sauce... by Bizymomma (This is what I get w...)
Wow, that's weird. I wonder why it does that!
Tammy
  Re: Re: Best Enchilada Sauce... by TwilightKitten (Wow, that's weird. ...)
I can answer that question Tammy, computers have a mind of their own. Sometimes they do things like that just for fun and other times they're irritated with you and do it just to screw you up. My computer changes things just to make me mad sometimes, a program works just fine except you have to do things a different way....I firmly believe this!
Don't wait too long to tell someone you love them.

Billy
  Re: Re: Best Enchilada Sauce... by bjcotton (I can answer that qu...)
lol....well, I'll buy that!
Tammy
  Re: Best Enchilada Sauce... by Bizymomma (I can't open the Bes...)
Sorry, it wouldn't open up. Thanks for posting it again. The sauce is very easy to make. To make enchilada filling, brown and drain 1 1/2 pounds of ground round, then season it with a little salt, pepper, garlic and chopped onion. Add some of the enchilida sauce to help hold the meat together.
I warm the corn tortillas in the microwave, so they will roll up. It is less fattening this way then dipping them in hot grease. Put some of the filling and Mexican blend cheese on the tortilla and roll up, fill up a 9 by 13 inch glass dish. Top with the rest of the sauce and more cheese, bake until heated through.
  Re: Re: Best Enchilada Sauce... by Barbrainnc (Sorry, it wouldn't o...)
My this sounds so good and it's been ages since I've made enchiladas...idea forming here!!!

With Cinco de Mayo coming up - what about making this our next dinner menu??? I'm sure everyone has their favorite Margarita to make, but I'll also post our favorite?

What do you all think??

Second idea here - I'm getting a little confused on Dinner numbers, what about changing it to (say this next one coming up) Dinner of May 8th - the title of the review date??? If that sounds confusing to others, we can just leave as is.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com