Merry Christmas, everyone!

Here's wishing all of you a very happy Christmas 

May the giving and receiving of gifts, today, remind us all of the great Gift that God gave the world in such a small package, His Son, our Saviour, Jesus Christ.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Merry Christmas, everyone! by labradors (Here's wishing all o...)
Good morning and Merry Christmas! Hope everyone has a wonderful day. We woke up to a full blown winter storm this morning. It certainly is beautiful for those of us who don't have to go anywhere. For anyone who is traveling to visit family, stay safe.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Merry Christmas everybody!  Well said, Labs!

Enjoy you White Christmas, Maryann!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Merry Christmas everyone, a day late - but I was thinking about you all.  I hope everyone had a great day!  

Stay safe up there in all that snow Maryann!  Bob was all impressed that Ashtabula made it onto the National weather news!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Brrrrr! It sure is cold. I just put Charlie out and it's 7 degrees. Fortunately, we did not get hit with as much snow as Ashtabula and Erie. It looked pretty bad on the news today and they said they had to close I-90 for several hours. It's really scary when it gets that bad. I was in a storm like that several years ago. Had to drive up to a company meeting in Buffalo and got hit with a storm. Never did that again.
Maryann

WOW!  I remember in ND they had gates that blocked on ramps to the freeway.  When they said stay home they meant it!  The snow wasn't the heavy wet stuff, usually.  

Stay safe back there . . . I guess I should refrain from mentioning that it was 47 at 7:30?
We kind of needed the cold snap, Sharon. The flu has been going around like crazy here, both the stomach kind and the even worse one that is a bad chest cold with a high fever. Don't know if it's just an old wives tale, but freezing temps are suppose to help kill some of the germs?

So, I was gifted with two ham bones and a huge turkey carcass from the holidays. Nice haul for making soup. I have been thinking of Jean, so decided to make her turkey noodle soup. (which can be made with chicken instead) This is my family's absolute favorite turkey soup and ever since Jean gave me this recipe, I have not made it any other way. Who knew that a few cannellini beans and some roasted poblanos could add so much! I think this is going to be re-named "Jean's Amazing Turkey Noodle Soup" Stay nice and cozy everyone!

LEFTOVERS - SOUP - TURKEY NOODLE SOUP

1 T. oil
½ med. yellow onion, roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 carrot, finely chopped
1 stalk celery, finely sliced
¼ tsp. red pepper flakes
1 T. fresh basil, julienned or ½ T. dried
2 tsp. fresh oregano or 1 tsp. dried
2½ quarts turkey or chicken stock or half stock/half water (10 cups)
1 can cream of mushroom soup
½ roasted poblano chili, diced
salt and pepper
1 can cannellini beans (15 to 16 ounce can), rinsed and drained
2 cups fresh spinach (packed) coarsely chopped
2 cups chopped cooked turkey
1½ cups egg noodles, uncooked

1. In a large soup pot cook the onion in the oil over low heat until just limp, 10 minutes. Add the garlic, carrot, celery, red pepper flakes, basil and oregano and continue cooking for 10 minutes more.

2. Add the stock, mushroom soup and chili; bring to a boil and lower the heat to simmer 15 minutes until vegetables are tender. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper to taste. Add the beans, spinach, turkey andd noodles; cook until the noodles are tender, 7-8 minutes.

Source
Author: Chef Jean Denham, C.C.
Maryann

Oh that sounds so good!

I just made hash with the last bit of the prime rib for Bob.  We are now officially out of Christmas leftovers.
That hash must have been really tasty, Sharon! Wow.

We're having l/o turkey noodle soup today. Not sure if we'll have anything else or not. Today will be a good day to catch up on my last few issues of Cuisine.
Maryann

Maryann, that soup sounds really good!  I’ll have try that next time I have turkey leftovers!  Thanks!

I’m so glad you didn’t get hit like Erie!  I wondered how bad it got your way, but the radar didn’t look as bad for your area when I checked.  But those temps are scary!  Stay warm!

We have some crazy stuff threatening, but I hope they are wrong.  Just a little bit of frozen stuff shuts us down....we don’t have the resources to deal with too much frozen stuff.   Undecided
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.