DINNER THREAD---10/30 to 11/5/2017
  Re: DINNER THREAD---10/30 to 11/5/2017 by Mare749 (What's for dinner???...)
Trixxee, thank you for both recipes. You always seem to find the good ones. Smile

Tonight we had copycat Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana. I used the extra baby spinach for a side salad.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Welcome!  Credit for the french onion chicken goes to Blane and Carylann.

Tonight Tony's throwing together a small batch of chili using ground beef.  We have a half of this pepper laying around, a half of that pepper laying around, some sour cream that should be used.  You get the picture - cleaning out the fridge.  Wink
Leftovers again!  Tuna patties with leftover fried green tomatoes and a cucumber salad.  A nice light dinner was in order.  It cleaned up some green onions that were needing to be used and a pepper from one of our pepper plants.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
We're going to a concert downtown tonight, so we will be stopping in a favorite pub for beer and a sandwich before the show.
Maryann

Maryann, I'm glad you reminded me of the Zuppa Tuscano.  It has warmed up a little, but I think it's still cool enough for soup.  We LOVE the version we got from a friend that uses ground chicken and cauliflower.  May be dinner tomorrow.

I had a big lunch, so William had leftover ribs and cabbage and I fixed a bowl of cereal.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Carylann gets the credit for the French onion chicken.

Have fun Maryann. What concert?

Mexican style chicken and dumplings from issue #43 tonight.
Tonight was leftovers . . . Geeze, this seems to be a theme.  

We spent almost an hour on the phone with our next "prospective" boss so dinner got sidetracked.  I do know what tomorrow's dinner is going to be . . . we scored at Safeway tonight - 4 1 lb pkgs of Snake River Farms Wagu ground beef 1/2 off!  $16!  Tomorrow will be sous vide "Juicy Lucy's"!  1/3lb burgers.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Wow, sounds decadent, Sharon!

The band we saw tonight at the Palace Theater was called "Get the Led Out" and they are a Led Zeppelin Tribute Band. We have seen others, but this band is the best by far. I had purchased these tickets a while ago to celebrate his upcoming birthday. We went to the Hofbrauhaus for happy hour before the show.

Blane, if you are interested, the band plays all over the country, although I noticed that for the next few months, their tour is headed east, then south. Might be a while before they get out your way. Here is their facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/GetTheLedOut/ If you look at the pix they posted tonight, Ron and I are in the last photo in the front row on the right side looking out from the stage. I'm the shrimpy one with the black sweater on.
Maryann

Re: RE: DINNER THREAD---10/30 to 11/5/2017 by Mare749 (Wow, sounds decadent...)
I thought that was you Maryann! How fun. I'll have to keep an eye open!
What a fun night!

Well, it's gloomy and drizzly here so I'm going to make chicken soup with cheese tortellini instead of noodles.  But just a few!  I will add a small can of tomato sauce to make it different than regular chicken noodle soup and I may add a touch of cream to it.  Fresh basil and shredded parmesan as garnishes.