DINNER THREAD---10/30 to 11/5/2017
  Re: DINNER THREAD---10/30 to 11/5/2017 by Mare749 (What's for dinner???...)
Sharon, that burger is right up Williams alley!

Trixxee, that sounds perfect!  I'm still planning on watching!

Tonight is Chicken Piccatta over angel hair with a salad.  At least that's the plan.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
We had to go to an appointment on the other side of town today, so while we were over there, we went to a place called Station 43. The owner gave Ron gift cards that we had never used, so decided that we would have lunch/dinner. On Saturday, they make something they call a smash burger and they sell out every time. It's a half pound burger made from prime rib, beef tenderloin, and N.Y. strip steak. It was phenomenal! I had a cup of soup instead of fries and brought home half the burger to finish later. Ron ate it all. Wink

Tonight I am making pumpkin pies and prepping everything for crockpot stuffing. We are having an early Thanksgiving with our girls because they will both be gone this year.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
You're not going to believe this.  Roy H won!

1st:
Roy H
$11.80
$5.00
$3.60
There are still 3 more races today - including the BIG one, at 5:35pm pacific.  Maybe I should try to guess who Jean would have liked in that one.  Wink
OMG, Trixxee!  That is AMAZING!  Sadly, my mom dropped by so I missed the race.   Dodgy

But she brought hotdogs from the festival, so the chicken is on hold again.  OIY!
Daphne
Trixxee, that really is amazing and fun. She would be so excited for you. Jean is still with us in so many ways and would be so happy to see all of us on here. I hope that eventually Tracie will be able to join us so she can see how much we miss her.

Dinner today is at Holly's house and we are celebrating a traditional Thanksgiving early since both girls will be away this year. So, will be turkey, stuffing, etc. Wink
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
It was an exciting two days of racing for sure. 

We are making these tacos, but without tortillas.  Doctored up pinto beans on the side.

https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/...eam-235158

And because we've been relatively good lately I think we're picking up a pumpkin pie at Costco, just to have laying around the house.  LOL.
Have fun, Maryann!

Trixxee, those tacos sound delicious!  I want to save that one.  I bet that rub would be good on fish and shrimp, also!

So, again, I didn't make the Chicken Piccatta!  Mom came by with hotdogs from the Fall Festival around 5, and we hadn't eaten lunch.  She stayed for over an hour, so that was that.  I'll try again tonight.
Daphne
Those tacos sound good Trixxee.  On the menu for sure.

After 2 nights of Juicy Lucy's we opted for a lighter dinner.  Baked Proscuitto Wrapped Cod, Penne with lemon, capers, butter & a little Romano cheese, and sauteed green beans with shallots and diced tomatoes.  Bob opened a wonderful Pinot Gris to go with.  

Now on to continuing organizing and packing and considering what we want for dinner tonight.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Sharon, that dinner sounds great!  I may copy that idea of the proscuitto wrapped fish soon!  YUM!

Good luck with the packing!
Daphne