Finally selling my homemade caramels

About 15 years ago (maybe as much as 20), friends and coworkers told me, "You need to sell these caramels." I did look into it, but Florida food regulations at the time would have required my renting the use of a commercial kitchen and getting a food license. All of that was just too prohibitively complicated and expensive, so the caramels remained in the realm of gifts for friends, acquaintances and parties. 

Now that Florida has a cottage-food law I have been selling home-bakec goods for almost two years, as many of you are aware, but I had been holding off on the caramels because of the time involved in cutting and wrapping them. 

Well, now it's finally time to change that. After much searching for an easier approach, I finally bought some silicone molds and cellophane wrappers so I can have the caramels come out a uniform shape and size and wrap them. It worked beautifully! Here is a picture of the caramels before wrapping (I haven't taken one with them wrapped):

[Image: HUnn0Ti.jpg]

Tomorrow (Sunday) will be the first market day that I'll be including them in my product lineup, so we'll see how it goes.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Finally selling my homemade caramels by labradors (About 15 years ago (...)
Hope the caramels are a big hit! Love the idea of the silicone molds to keep them uniform.

Do you sprinkle the top with a few crystals of course salt? That seems to be popular right now, although I wasn't crazy about it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Labs, those look GREAT!  I can't wait to see them wrapped.  Good luck with it!  How did it go?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Labs . . . those are beautiful! I can't wait to see them wrapped and ready to sell!
I'm making a new batch today, so I'll take more photos this time.
Okay, here are some more photos:

Molded:
[Image: SS0UeNY.jpg]

Unmolded:
[Image: HUnn0Ti.jpg]

Wrapped:
[Image: YdUhxpi.jpg]

Packaged:
[Image: nPJsApG.jpg] [Image: TDhCAin.jpg]
  Re: RE: Finally selling my homemade caramels by labradors (Okay, here are some ...)
Beautiful!
Nicely done, Labs! They look delicious and "cleanly" packed. That's a big one for me. Since I love caramel, I would buy those before buying chocolate.

Not sure if you saw a previous question. I had asked if you have tried a sprinkle of coarse salt on the caramels?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
They look fantastic.  Really.
I love caramels, too!  The packaging looks great!  Well done!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.