Dinner Thread - 10/23- 10/29
  Re: Dinner Thread - 10/23- 10/29 by Trixxee (Dealing with record ...)
We're having a grilled chicken caesar salad for dinner.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Sharon, Jean would have been so proud!  Great job!

We had Chicken Piccatta.  I'm freezing tonight!  I didn't plan well.  But tomorrow I am hoping to do better.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Tonight is sous vide chicken breast that will be seared in a screaming hot pan, peas, and tater tots with melted blue cheese and sriracha.  Dinner is not going as scheduled - but I WILL make it work. 

Should have fired up the grill . . .

Sous vide chicken breast sliced and sauteed in butter with a honey mustard sauce, buttered peas & tater tots with melted blue cheese sauce swirled with sriracha!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
French onion chicken here, and a side of cauliflower.  Just thought I'd mention that Tony reached goal #1 and weighs less than he has in 20 years.  I can't quite claim that but I do weigh less than ever since having a baby 18 years ago.  Combined we've lost about 67 pounds since mid-January.
Trixxee, you and Tony are such an inspiration! Congratulations to both of you!

Dinner tonight is stuffed peppers. I had some from Heather's garden to use. Garlic toast on the side.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Congratulations Trixxee & Tony. Smile

Tonight I'm making Tandoori shrimp skewers with pineapple chutney, sesame rice cakes and asparagus.
WOW!  Congratulations Tony and Trixxee!!

We have wonderful cool/cold fall weather here, so I'm doing a pot roast in the Instant Pot!  YUM!
Daphne
Congratulations Trixxee and Tony!  That is awesome.  You have both done a great job.

Yesterday we took Opie to the vet for some issues he's having.  By the time we got out of there we weren't in the mood for a fussy dinner so we stopped at the store and grabbed 2 smallish steaks, some broccoli and a couple of pre-wrapped bakers.  1 of the bakers was green (I know better than to buy those things) so we came home and had simple steaks, broccoli and I doctored those mashed potatoes (from Costco that Billy loved so much) with horseradish and scallions.  

It was an interesting test.  The steaks were choice New York Strip steaks, seasoned with salt & pepper and cooked on a screaming hot cast iron griddle.  Thoughts. If I had had my wits about me I would have used my phone to turn on the Anova once we picked out the steaks and had the water ready to go when we got home.  As it was we didn't want to wait.  If I had done that, seasoned and bagged the steaks and dropped them in when we got home we would have had perfectly cooked steaks in about an hour that would just need a kiss on the cast iron.  As it was we had unevenly steaks that were not as tender as they could have been. Lesson learned.  

The funny thing was that I had always assumed that my first Anova was just a blue tooth model, then discovered it is the WiFi model.  As long as it can connect to wifi I can control it with my phone from wherever we are.  Of course it means I have to leave my jetpack home.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Huevos Rancheros tonight.
And thus my confusion with the Anova?  I have a fear leaving things running at the camper.  So slow cooker with the instant pot is not happening yet.  We have breaker issues, so I fear leaving food cooking.

Maryann!  Oh my!

Blane, I for one, appreciate you helping to keep this forum open.  And thanks to everyone else.  I have had a hard time dealing with this, but I'm working on it.

Tonight, we had steak night....but I must tell about lunch!  Jean would be pressing me for ingredients!  I had fresh fried potato chips and a bowl of today's special soup:  Tomato Basil. It was the best I've ever had!  I learned that it was a regular for Friday, so I WILL get a recipe!
Daphne