Dinner - 10/14 & 10/15 - Happy Weekend

Anyone cooking anything good this weekend?  We are headed to Costco to see if any fish jumps into our cart (perhaps served with pesto butter).  If not, I have a back up plan - C@H's chicken with almond butter sauce (one of Blane and CA's favorites) and sauteed zucchini.
  Re: Dinner - 10/14 & 10/15 - Happy Weekend by Trixxee (Anyone cooking anyth...)
Thanks for posting this, T! I'm a big disorganized this week, but will be back on here regularly now.

My son-in-law, James, is smoking a brisket today, so we are invited there for dinner. I am taking coleslaw and some kind of dessert. I have no idea what. Maybe a pumpkin roll?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Oooh, smoked brisket.  Yum.  Well, we didn't see any fish we really wanted but Tony was eyeing filet mignon so I was not about to talk him out of that.
Yum! You're right Trixxee, we love that chicken cutlet recipe.

Maryann, you have a son-in-law that cooks? Lucky you! Us? Not so much.

Tonight, Carylann is making French Onion Chicken, baked potato and asparagus.
I am going to augment a frozen gluten free pizza with leftover bratwurst & sauerkraut with shredded swiss cheese and perhaps some dill pickles.  In honor of Jean I'm thinking a bottle of bubbly to go with!  I thought red - but not with the brats & kraut.  

PS - let's make sure this keeps going!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Well, I have to say, my son-in-law did a bang-up job on the brisket. Oh my! He has been following some chef in Austin, Texas, who is famous for his smoked brisket. So, he followed his directions exactly and it was amazing.

I have to admit, we hit the jackpot when it comes to sons-in-law. Both love to cook and entertain.

Trixxee, I would have been happy with the filet as well!
Maryann

Oh my, Trixxee!  I love a good fillet!

We had fresh off the boat peel and eat Shrimp Low Country Boil.  YUM!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
All sounds excellent!

I was looking for pumpkin or butternut squash ravioli at the expensive market across from the college while waiting to pick Michael up but they were out.  Bought some "braised beef" filled ravioli instead.  Tony's making a big batch of marinara sauce and meatballs for Michael and for the freezer.  I should make a vegetable or salad but that would require going to the store.  Wink
The ravioli sounds excellent! I need to start trying some of these specialty ravioli.

We are leaving around 2 today to go to a wedding in Columbus, a two hour drive. This is reception #1, due to the fact that the couple lives there. The wedding and reception is in a barn, which sounds rustic, but it's actually very beautiful. The second reception is on Tuesday night at Emperor's Palace, one of my favorite restaurants. Both the bride and groom are half Chinese, and there are a lot of relatives here.

Side story: When my childhood friend, Carol, married Tony (who was born in Hong Kong and came here at age 9) their reception was at his family's restaurant. They closed the restaurant to the public for the evening and had a traditional Chinese meal, 20 courses in all, and at midnight, they do it all over again! Ron and I had to leave at 11 because it was on a Monday night. The date was chosen by Tony's grandmother, according to the Chinese calendar.
Maryann

We had Roberto's Sausage, Peppers, and Onions.....one of Jean's favorites.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.