Memorials for Jean (cjs)
  Re: Memorials for Jean (cjs) by labradors (Two days (so far) wi...)
Hi, Jen!  Thanks for joining us!  I think we are all a little shaken by this.  I know I am!

Sharon, I will try to think of ideas, but right now, I'm having trouble coming into the forum, much less more.  I'll need some time.  I'm not surprised at her request of no service.  She'd want us to celebrate her life and love of cooking.  She'll never know how hard that request will be.....at least for me.  But I will try...at least for her.  I owe her that much.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Thank you Daphne.  It's hard for all of us, but I am desperate to keep this going to honor Jean and save our group history.  Please take your time.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
I called Roy on his Birthday, just to let him know we were thinking of him.  He is ok, but

dealing with a difficult day.  He is hurting, but I think time will ease the pain, gradually, and he has such wonderful memories to comfort him.  I told him the entire forum was holding him close.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
Thanks, Bill. Good idea.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
Thanks, Bill!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Thank you, Bill.  I hope we can get up to see him one of these days soon!
(10-12-2017, 05:24 PM)BarbaraS Wrote: Brian - this forum has gotten so difficult to post to, which is why I don't come here to post more often.  I tried to quote Denise in her post, but get nothing so I have to post without quoting her.

Denise - Really?? There isn't going to be a service?  Some kind of life celebration at least?  I don't have any phone numbers for Jean.  We communicated about her chemo by email because she told me she was still having speech problems and couldn't talk effectively.

Barbara

Barbara I figured it out!  Highlight the text you want to quote and push the quote button on the bottom - then open a reply!  It took a minute.
I thought I would share this link:  Jean's Obituary
Thank you, Sharon. I need to compose my thoughts, but will put a message on there very soon.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
(10-12-2017, 02:48 PM)DFen911 Wrote: Hello @Brain;

There will be no service at her request.

(11-05-2017, 02:57 PM)Harborwitch Wrote: I thought I would share this link:  Jean's Obituary

Wow.  That almost sums it all up.  And I think we all know what that means.  We could all put a little more garnish on Jean in our own ways.  Smile

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.