Memorials for Jean (cjs)
  Re: Memorials for Jean (cjs) by labradors (Two days (so far) wi...)
All,

I'm so incredibly heartbroken to hear of Jean's passing.  It seems like just yesterday that she and Roy were here in Des Moines visiting our Cuisine at home test kitchens.  I loved meeting her (and Roy) in person and we always appreciated her contribution to this forum and the Cuisine family.  We are all so sorry for the loss of your dear friend, and our thoughts go out to her family.

Do any of you have information about funeral or other arrangements?  If so, I'd love to hear.  

Thanks for letting us know.

Brian
  Re: RE: Memorials for Jean (cjs) by Brian (All, I'm so incre...)
Thank you Brian. We will keep you informed, as soon as we know.
Hello @Brain;

There will be no service at her request.
Brian - this forum has gotten so difficult to post to, which is why I don't come here to post more often. I tried to quote Denise in her post, but get nothing so I have to post without quoting her.

Denise - Really?? There isn't going to be a service? Some kind of life celebration at least? I don't have any phone numbers for Jean. We communicated about her chemo by email because she told me she was still having speech problems and couldn't talk effectively.

Barbara
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. Then find someone whose life has given them vodka.
Who can replace Jean on this forum?  No one.  I know one thing I'm going to do soon - I know that Ropa Vieja stew (that I never made) will be made soon in her honor.  I just don't know what else to do other than remember her through her favorite foods/dishes.  

RIP Jean, and let our Lord comfort Roy, her children, her grandchildren and last but not least, her friends.
Beautifully said, T! And, a very nice idea. I think we will do something similar. Jean loved to do a champagne brunch on weekends.

I'm having such a hard time even coming on the forum right now, but Jean's daughter, Tracie, told me it was important to her mom that we keep the forum going. She plans to join us in the future and post more frequently so that she can stay in touch with all of us.

As for a funeral service, Tracie said that Jean did not want a bunch of people sitting around crying at her funeral. She would prefer that everyone celebrate her life with family, friends, and good food. Tracie has her exact words written down and will share them with us soon.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Heart Heart Thank you Maryann!  

We are exploring ideas to take action to honor Jean in the best way possible.  Please post your ideas.  Our thoughts include a Memorial Cookbook like we did for Billy, a way to raise funds for a scholarship fund? An Ovarian Cancer research fund?  Your ideas?  

We all know that Jean would not want her passing to end her good works.  Let's work together to come up with an idea . . . make it happen, and keep this forum going (encouraging new members, re-activating old members, and posting as often as we can to make sure this forum survives.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
I am so glad to see this thread here... I have had a hard time dealing with Jeans passing. Some people may know me as Chef Jen from other forums.

Jean was my cooking grandma I had her books I gave recipes and I have had the memories of cooking with her and meeting her. Being a cancer survivor I was giving her tips and passing on what I could. Her passing was such a sad moment for me but I know she was in pain.

Its so nice to meet another community that she was so influencial in.
  Re: RE: Memorials for Jean (cjs) by Chefjen_ (I am so glad to see ...)
Good to see you Jennifer!
Hi Jennifer. Nice to see you on the forum. Hope you will consider joining us. This forum was very important to Jean and she asked that we try to keep it going, so we're going to do our best. We welcome new members so jump right in.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."