Memorials for Jean (cjs)
  Re: Memorandums to Jean (cjs) by luvnit ([color=#1d2129][font...)
Thank you Laura!

I am still putting my thoughts together . . . tomorrow Heart Sad
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
  Re: (...)
Jean was the glue that held us all together.  My heart is breaking!  I think that the greatest tribute we can give her is to keep this forum alive.  She loved all of us, she loved to share her knowledge with everyone who visited this forum.  I will have more thoughts tomorrow in the tread that Laura has started.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Sad    Re: Memorandums to Jean (cjs) by luvnit ([color=#1d2129][font...)
I don't post much here anymore, for that I'm sorry. 

We all have lost such a huge part of our lives. Each of us have such wonderful memories of Jean. I don't think we could have ever asked for a more inspiring, encouraging, gracious or generous person to guide us in all of our cooking endeavors. 

The world has lost a cherished soul.
Could a moderator help us combine these two threads in honor of our beloved Jean.?
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
Like everyone here, I am so sad that our own Chef Jean is no longer with us. Rest in peace, dear friend.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Heart    Re: Memorandums to Jean (cjs) by luvnit ([color=#1d2129][font...)
I am sure most of us are still in shock at the loss of our dear friend. I knew she was having health challenges lately. I had just sent her a message on Saturday and she is usually SO GREAT about sending a message back (usually super quick). She was a wonderful person and friend. Great fellow foodie. And like Sharon says, 'the Glue'.
"Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time."
Laura
I, too, have not posted much lately, but I always kept up with the forum.  Jean will be sorely missed.  It's incredible to think of how many people she inspired, always encouraging and supportive, ready to type out recipes for anyone that asked, full of advice, and sharing her invaluable years of experience.  Thank you for always taking the time to help someone out.   What a sad time for her children and Roy, she loved them so much.  Those of us in her cooking world were always made to feel part of her family, and we all loved her for that.  We have lost a very special lady.  Rest in peace, Jean,  we will all miss you.
PJ
II Like you all, I am struggling to deal with this.  I was having a hard enough time dealing with her diagnosis.  Now to loose her so quickly.  I will try to participate more..it was just too hard to come on in the last few weeks. Now this.  I can't imagine how hard it is for Roy, Tracie, and Matt. 

I will try to post a better tribute later.  I just can't right now.

And like Bill, I hope the admin will try to merge these two threads.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
I sent a PM to Sysadmin - I have an email address I will use . . .
Smart move, Sharon.  I think a lot of us are too upset to think clearly at the moment.  I know I'm not.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.