DINNER THREAD - 9/25/17 - 10/2/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 9/25/17 - 10/2/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
We wound up having carrots too last night (in place of the brussels sprouts).  We love carrots.  What's not to love - many ways to cook them and they are the most inexpensive vegetable out there.
  Re: RE: DINNER THREAD - 9/25/17 - 10/2/17 by Trixxee (We wound up having c...)
Trixxee the Maple Harrisa glaze was wonderful!
How do you make that glaze Sharon? Yummy.

We had a late lunch/early dinner because we're going to a comedy show tonight. We stopped at a BBQ joint called Brisket and got a takeout order of brisket. They give you bread, pickles, onions, and 4 kinds of sauces to go with it. We took that back to the condo and made sandwiches with a side of potato salad. If we have anything after the show tonight it will be very light like soup or salad.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Here you go Maryann.  Maple Harissa Glazed Carrots They are really fantastic.

I think tonight is going to be leftovers.  We've got some flank steak, and pork chops,  and some polenta with corn and poblano peppers and cheese.  

I just put a rump roast in the sous vide . . . Tuesday's dinner.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Thanks for the recipe, Sharon.  Have fun MA!

We have some more rock cod to use (gosh it was so good last night) but this time we're pan frying it.  Have the brussels sprouts & bacon all prepped so that idea won't go by the wayside again.
Thanks, T! We are having a very nice time. Wish there was a Costco around here. I would go get some of that rock cod. Your dinner sounds perfect.

Sharon, thanks for the recipe. I'll be sure to try it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
What's for dinner Monday night, 10/02?  We are having pork tenderloin medallions with a sun dried tomato/basil cream sauce served over riced cauliflower and riced broccoli.  

And since we'll all be home around lunch time, bunless burgers cheese burgers on the grill and leftover brussels sprouts. Might throw a couple of sweet potato fries in the toaster oven.  Michael will want a neopolitan milkshake with his.

Hope everyone is having a decent day despite all that is going on.
It's been a sad day for sure.

Trixxee, that sounds great. Is it a Cuisine recipe?

I've got a couple filets, so I'm thinking of either grilled with that choron sauce or pan fried with balsamic and gorgonzola. Asparagus to go with.
Yes, it has been a sad day!  

I am going to play with some leftover pork chops, butternut squash, and ????? Maybe some kind of hash? Oh, just realized it all has to be done in the microwave - the sous vide bucket is sitting on the stove with tomorrow night's rump roast simmering away (there is nowhere else to put it!)  This ought to be fun.  Maybe I should have grabbed a pizza out of the freezer . . . . ?????

Oh well.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Here is the basic recipe, Blane.  But I just slice the pork into medallions and saute - I don't roast the entire loin.  I also sub fresh basil for the dried sage and fresh parsley.

http://www.eat-drink-smile.com/2010/01/p...sauce.html