Now THIS sounds interesting: the Pizza Diet!
Big Grin    
Not kidding! It's supposed to be for real. I just learned about it when I read an interview with the author.

Haven't checked out all the details, yet, but it IS available on Amazon.
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Now THIS sounds interesting: the Pizza Diet! by labradors (Not kidding! It's su...)
Well now, be still my heart! Wink
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Now THIS sounds interesting: the Pizza Diet! by labradors (Not kidding! It's su...)
Isn't that a cool idea!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Yes, it would be great if the flour was readily available at a reasonable cost.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Hmmmmmm.  Very interesting. mI happen to have 3 bags of the 00 flour and 3 bags of the semolina flour that I got from Amazon.  I first found the 00 flour at Walmart, but they didn't have the semolina.  I am thinking about buying the book and the other flour . . . but I need to wait for a while.  I will say that I was able to eat pizza and pasta made with the Italian flours without any weight gain.

I have to agree with a lot of the reviewers on this book and the diet.  The flour in this country is crap.  I haven't eaten anything with flour grown in this country in 2+ years now.  I buy flour from Canada and Italy exclusively.  We also buy cookies and other items that are from Europe - less sugar in the cookies and they taste wonderful.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
The pizza dough recipe calls for Tipo 01 flour, which doesn't appear to be available in this country. It's easy enough to find 00 and semolina, but have had no luck finding 01. I wonder how much it matters?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
From my reading and my experience Tipo 00 is the best flour for pizza and it is "frequently bought together" with the Pizza Diet book.  I absolutely love it, the texture of the pizza dough is awesome.  The semolina and 00 made perfect past in the new pasta machine.  

I am debating on putting gluten back in my diet right now after my last flare up.  I really miss using my pasta machine!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!