DINNER THREAD - 8/28/17 - 9/3/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 8/28/17 - 9/3/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
good sounding plans!! I'll wave to you, Blaine!! Love going to Victoria - it's such a beautiful city. Smile

We're just going to enjoy the beautiful summer weather...finally!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Saturday's Dinner - 9/2/17??

What's on the menu for today??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
We have a chilly and rainy day here, so no grilling. Meatloaf is on the menu with mashed potatoes, gravy, and frozen peas.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Super hot here, like crazy hot.  We went to an outdoor mall in Irvine today that have about 50 different dining options but we opted for PF Changs since we had a $50 gift card.  Got 2 appetizers and split an entree.  We'll still probably be hungry later so bunless burgers and sauteed "riced" cauliflower and sweet potatoes.

Michael had the biggest serving of Cold Stone Creamery that I would be shocked if he was hungry later.  I bet he winds up with popcorn or one of the last honey crisp apples.

Enjoy the weekend everyone.  A good portion of the rest of ours will be college homework.  Man, yesterday was brutal.  Michael spent upwards of SIX hours on calculus and then typing up some notes from his film class and one of my favorite all time movies - The Best Years of Our Lives.
Challenged, but sounds like Michael is up to the job!! Good for him!
www.achefsjourney.com
Sunday's Dinner - 9/3/17??

what's for dinner?
www.achefsjourney.com
We had so many technical issues last week, I had no interest in looking at a computer in the evenings! Or much on cooking!  I did find beef tenderloin on sale Friday, so cut that up to get four steak dinners and two stir fries of some kind.   Big Grin

Not sure about tonight, though.

Special note, I will be glued to the weather channel in days to come.  I get obsessed when there is a threat of a hurricane.   Undecided
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Can't blame you...especially given the couple weeks, for heaven's sake. Stay safe!
www.achefsjourney.com
Today I added the National Weather Servce tab on my iPad.  Not looking too good for us right now.

I had Italian Sausage, onions, and marinara, so William picked up some peppers when he ran toWalmart earlier.  I also have a couple of rolls that need to be used up.  I'm going to do a riff on Ashley's BF dish and serve it over garlic toast.  He typically boils the sausage, sauté the peppers and onions, chunks up the sausage, mixes it all together with marinara, and warms it through in the oven.  I'm doing it a all on the grill.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Sounds good!

A couple of us are having trouble getting on the forums - yesterday and this morning. I can get on fine thru my iPad, but not the laptop. What the heck is with that? Msg. Sent to Ron & should hear somethin back soon.
www.achefsjourney.com