DINNER THREAD - 8/28/17 - 9/3/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 8/28/17 - 9/3/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
OMG, Jean, thank you!  I can't wait to make all three, but for some reason the mustard one is calling me today, so will make that.  Big Grin

Edited to add: I made your mustard barbecue sauce! We absolutely loved it! It's so perfect with pork. I really need to be making our sauces instead of using the bottled stuff. It's so much better and really only takes a few minutes to put together. The flavors just pop. I'm going to make a large batch of this sauce to share with the kids.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I'm so glad you like it - we sure do.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
T.G.I.F. Dinner - 9/1/17??

What's on the menu for today??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
We are going to a "soft opening" for Piada Street Foods that is just up the street from us. I went on their website the other day to see when they were opening and they were offering complimentary tickets to their soft opening, so I filled out the form, then called some friends to do the same.
Maryann

That sounds like fun Maryann.

Dinner is going to be Pineapple-Spiced Chicken with Broccoli. Issue#38
Jean that sausage and kraut dish sounds so good!

Went to a new Doctor yesterday and got a referral to a Gastro doc. . . . .in October! Dodgy  After the exam and lots of questions she told me to eat what I want!  Especially fruit & veggies!  

Last night was Costco's Pollack burgers with rice and grilled crooknecks.  We found a new sweet chili sauce made with pineapple and no garlic.  Awesome sauce with great flavor.

Tonight it will either be Pasta Amatriciana or Hot Italian sausages with Grapes and polenta - grapes were on sale for .98 a pound!  Green salad with either.  I have a lot of tomatoes to use up so the pasta might be it.

It was kind of a sad week, our good friends/neighbors/fellow workcampers left for two weeks in Boise and then off to Arizona.  I'm still looking for our next opportunity . . . I think the age of our rig is going to be a big factor to get any place nice.  Buying a new one is not an option, so a wash and wax are in order.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Does sound like  fun, Maryann.

P.apple spiced chicken sounds good, too!

Sharon, Roy just loved that silly casserole - want the recipe?? Here it is anyway Smile A Betty Crocker recipe. I used smoked sausage rounds instead of burger - much more flavor.
Swiss Sauerkraut Casserole
Also, you  probably already know this, but one of my favorite snacks is frozen grapes!! Smile

AND, I FORGOT THIS IS LABOR DAY WEEKEND!!!!!
Anyone have special fun plans????
www.achefsjourney.com
(09-01-2017, 12:18 PM)cjs Wrote: AND, I FORGOT THIS IS LABOR DAY WEEKEND!!!!!
Anyone have special fun plans????

We're going to Seattle tomorrow morning to catch the Victoria Clipper to Victoria B.C. for a couple of nights.

http://www.clippervacations.com/

Have a great weekend everyone!
Wow, have a great time, Blane! That sounds fabulous!

Well, we usually go to the air show at Burke Lakefront airport on Monday because we like to see the U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds perform. So, may do that. When we get back, we are going to have an informal backyard bbq with my sister's family, our dad, and our girls if they want to come. Whatever we are making will be done on Sunday. More info later.
Maryann

Thank you Jean!  It just sounds so good!

Well, the drains clogged . . . . since I have the OK to eat whatever we garnished a frozen gluten free pizza with mushrooms, pepperoni, pepperoncini, etc and a big salad.  

Tomorrow we'll go get drain cleaner and then I can wash dishes, drain pasta . . .
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!