DINNER THREAD, 8/21/17 -8/27/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 8/21/17 -8/27/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
The plan is grilled filet mignon since they are on sale, but no one has actually gone to buy them yet.  Thinking either corn on the cob or roasted sweet potatoes as a side.
I had a request for cheeseburgers & fries.
Haven't been here much lately - between work, looking for next summer's job, errands that had to be done, and my gut it wasn't a great food week after all.

The high point was the chicken - sous vide @ 145 for two hours, iced and refrigerated.  When we got down to dinner I reheated it for half an hour in the "bucket" then added to a skillet with capers, white wine, lemon juice, fresh herbs and Parm.  Then put over Barilla gluten free spaghetti.  Awesome.  I served it with Hasselback zuchinni a recipe I just happened to find in an old Eating Well magazine.  

One night I grabbed a New York steak that we had cooked sous vide and frozen and tossed it  in the "bucket" at 130 for about 45 minutes until it was warm.  Bob threw it on the grill for a minute a side along with some crookneck squash.  Awesome quick dinner.

Last night Bob cleaned up the leftover chicken.  

Tonight is gluten free pizza with peppers & olives, tomatoes & cheese.  

We spent the day on "projects".  I got kitchen drawers re-arranged and started editing what's going in the tool box and what stays in the drawers.  I'm getting rid of all the glass herb/spice jars (weight) and replacing them with square tins in 2 different sizes.  We are getting ready for winter and getting ready to hit the road next spring.  We are crossing our fingers for a spot in Montana that sounds like a blast!  It's time to get the hell out of "Dodge"!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Sharon, you have convinced me to put the sous vide on my wish list. The chicken sounds absolutely delicious.

Montana now? Wow. It's suppose to be beautiful. And what fun you will have going into a whole new situation with all new people.

Sure hope your tummy is starting to feel better.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
What a fun new chapter it sounds like for you & Bob, Sharon!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: RE: DINNER THREAD, 8/21/17 -8/27/17 by cjs (What a fun new chapt...)
I hope so Jean. I'm sending resumes all over the place, even Rainbow's End up there. poop here has imploded and it's time to leave. The spot in Montana would put us close to ND so we could go on days off and get our poop dealt with.
That would make sense to be in the area for one season, at least!! Get all that ND Sh*t behind you!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
We spent all day yesterday setting up a new computer at the office, so dinner was fast food after running to the city to get a cord we didn't need.  LONG STORY!

Anyway, tonight was Grilled Korean Beef with sautéed broccoli over a little Ramien Noodles.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Exactly Jean.  We had thought we'd go back and bring back stuff and go through it over the next season, donate or sell a bunch of stuff to the restaurant.  Now we just want to get the he!! our of here.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!