DINNER THREAD, 8/21/17 -8/27/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 8/21/17 -8/27/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Maryann, when I was a kid, my Mom used to pkg. up 4 portions meat for the locker (didn't own a freezer in those days) - 3 steaks & 1 hamburger patty!! Smile Smile guess who the burger was for
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Really, Jean??? I seem to be surrounded by people who just love their steaks and I'm always the oddball who orders a burger or fish.

Our plans got cancelled and may be rescheduled for Sat. or Sun. depending when all parties involved can make it. So, we'll just have something easy tonight like grilled hotdogs, onion rings and a salad.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I grew up with beef my granddaddy raised, so steaks were not in the freezer.  So when I had my first steak at about 10, I was a fan!  Loved them ever since!

Tonight was supposed to be steak night, but the price was too steep.  Ribs were on sale for $2.97/lb., so I got some ribs and corn on the cob.  I also grabbed London Broil for Korean Beef tomorrow night with baked potato and salad.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Saturday's Dinner - 8/26/17??

What's for dinner today??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
What we were supposed to have last night - chicken enchilada soup.
Tonight was steak night! Big Grin
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
We went out with our friends to the steakhouse tonight. Funny thing is only 2 people out of 6 actually got a steak. Ron said his was very good and the sweet potato that he got with is was huge! I had stuffed flounder that was filled with shrimp and crab and a baked potato. We both had an excellent mixed green salad that made me really happy because it wasn't just chopped iceberg. We went to one of the couples home for dessert, lemon pound cake and coffee. Back on track tomorrow.
Maryann

The flounder sounds tasty!! Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
Sunday Dinner - 8/27/17??

What's for dinner??
www.achefsjourney.com
Ron wants to do a beer can chicken, but I have not decided on sides just yet. It's really time to start menu planning again.
Maryann