DINNER THREAD, 8/21/17 -8/27/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 8/21/17 -8/27/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
I don't remember this one at all - but it sure sounds good!!! Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Thursday's Dinner - 8/24/17??

What's on the menu for today??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Thanks MA.  That shrimp sounds great!

Tony's back in town but he's got an all day strategic planning meeting at a boutique hotel in Huntington Beach (aw, poor guy) and the group is going out to some oyster bar type of place for dinner so we're on our own again.  I picked up a couple of fried chicken breasts at the deli counter.  I'm fine with just the chicken, Michael will probably want his favorite yellow rice with it and carrot sticks.
I made my version of a "garden pizza" with fresh tomatoes, onions, peppers, and an Italian blend cheese, with a tossed green salad as a side.

Garlic shrimp is yummy and I also use Jean's recipe.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I love the sound of your pizza Maryann.

Poor Tony. Big Grin

Today it's three cheese and pepperoni Stromboli with a pizza sauce for dipping.
After William's Reuben with fries and my Country Fried Steak and Mashed Potatoes with Sausage Gravy and Fried Okra for a late lunch (I shared with Tilley!), we decided on a Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad for dinner.  I was so excited to finally go to The Old Bridge Diner for this special!  That was $7.95 for a huge plate of all in house made food!  This little diner is AMAZING!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
another day when everything sounds so good!!! Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
T.FG.I.F. Dinner - 8/25/17??

What's for dinner today??
www.achefsjourney.com
We're going out to Harry's Steakhouse tonight with some friends. Ron will most likely order a steak. Not sure what I'll have since I don't get as excited about steak as most people. Would you believe I can be just as happy with a hamburger? Wink
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I'm going to make chicken enchilada soup.  We are in for some big heat this weekend but today should be tolerable so soup it is.  I wanted to make Italian Wedding Soup soon too but that may have to be put off for a bit.