DINNER THREAD, 8/14/17 - 8/20/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 8/14/17 - 8/20/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Thursday's Dinner - 8/17/17??

What's for dinner today??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: RE: DINNER THREAD, 8/14/17 - 8/20/17 by Gourmet_Mom (We were so surprised...)
Daphne we almost died laughing!  Opie likes parsnips more than he LOVES carrots!  We now have to put the baby gate across to keep him out of the kitchen when I'm prepping either.

Last night we just cleaned up leftovers.  We went shopping and it was depressing.  No onions, no garlic, no mushrooms!  Now I even have to suspect "spices" on the label.  Hopefully this is only for a few weeks.

Tonight is for Bob!  I think a homemade pasta sauce on either polenta or gluten free penne.  A caprese salad to go with.
I'm going to make Blane's birthday sandwiches.  Smile
That is a bummer, Sharon. Hope you feel better soon.

Due to thunderstorms in the area, no grilling tonight. So I decided to make an old favorite from Billy J, Roast Chicken with Ginger, some steamed rice and broccoli.

We love parsnips, too. The first time we tried them was in a Cuisine recipe that is now one of our favorites, Winter Pork Stew.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I like that stew, also.

Question: Why did I just buy a jar of Nutella??????????????

I am definitely loosing it.......
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Saturday's (and Friday's) Dinner, 8/19/17??

Sorry about yesterday...let's catch up today. What's for dinner??
www.achefsjourney.com
I have a bridal shower to attend at 5:00, so will eat there. I offered to make the cupcakes, so Abby is coming over to decorate them in a bit.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Jean, you could make those Nutella Brownies that were a big hit awhile ago.

Carylann is making slow cooker chicken lo mein tonight.
Yes, those have been 'swimming' around in my head!! Smile

Pictures - Maryann. Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
We hit the Farmers' Market this morning so I have crookneck squash, zuchinni (green & yellow), Roma & Heirloom tomatoes and tomatillos.  So I will be incorporating some of those into tonights dinner.  Oh, and another grass fed skirt steak for later in the week.

We got up early and put a pork butt in the smoker so that will be the main course.  I think we'll grill some crooknecks, and beyond that I'm not sure.  I think I'll do the grilled onion blossom for Bob and our guests.  I think fresh tomatoes with a fresh herb dressing.  Smoked Mac & Cheese!  Just flew into my mind.  I have gluten free pasta and I can eat cheese and lactose free milk.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!