DINNER THREAD, 7/31/17 - 8/6/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 7/31/17 - 8/6/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
What a terrible thing to wake up to, Daphne. Hope the new fridge does a good job.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: RE: DINNER THREAD, 7/31/17 - 8/6/17 by Gourmet_Mom (Maryann, I still lov...)
We went through that this weekend with the fridge in the motor home. It was just barely keeping it together . . . Bob emptied it and we did a full defrost of fridge and freezer and luckily with help from some "freezie packs" it's working fine. We had to quick start it on propane mode but thankfully all is well. Last night was a Panko Crusted Chicken from the AnovaFoodNerd facebook group with a beautiful caprese salad and a Karen Birmingham 2016 Rose. Perfect summer dinner.
Sounds like a lovely dinner, Sharon!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
The fridge/freezer was one of few things we didn't have to replace in our RV  (probably because we barely used it - our trips were fairly short and 2 coolers did the trick).
But it was probably the next thing to go.  Wink
The previous owner replaced the gas fridge that came with the trailer several years ago.  This was a standard electric.  That's what we replaced it with.  I can't tell you how good it is to have a fully functioning fridge again!  No more limits on what I can prepare!  It's amazing how many recipes call for items that you have to buy that won't freeze....eggs, mayo, sour cream.....the list is long.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.