DINNER THREAD - 7/24/17 - 7/30/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 7/24/17 - 7/30/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
The family dinner sounds so good, Maryann!!
We had the soup warmed and the l/os tonight will be warm, also - it's just not summer enough for a cold/non-heated soup around here. Sad

I like the simplicity of the Amatriciana sauce, too. Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Did anyone else see that recipe that Michael Ruhlman posted on Food 52 yesterday? It was another recipe using fresh summer tomatoes with garlic, olive oil and pasta. The method was a bit different though. He makes a sauce with the juice that drains from the tomatoes and finishes it with butter.

https://food52.com/recipes/30535-michael...and-garlic
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
T.G.I.F. Dinner, 7/28/17??

What's for dinner? 

Cornflake-Crusted halibut (no halibut - will use something else Sad  ), broccoli and leftover zucchini casserole. 

Maryann the pasta (above) recipe sounds like it would sure be good with summer tomatoes!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
That pasta looks so simple and delicious.

Since we will be in the vicinity anyway to pick up Michael's newly drilled bowling ball, we are going to stop here.  Tony's been before but I haven't.  It's an old refurbished orange packing house with 20+ eateries.  It's like a big fancy food court with live entertainment on the weekends.  Pretty trendy I guess.  We'll be the oldest ones there.  We'll have Michael with us to average out the age of our group.  Wink

http://anaheimpackingdistrict.com/
That looks like a really fun place! Great for families with so many options. Do you know where you want to eat or will you walk around until something calls you? Big Grin It reminds me of Quincy Market in Boston but even nicer! Have a great time. Would love to see a few pix if you remember to take some.

We are going to the night market in Chinatown. Lots of fun but nothing like the place Trixxee is going. It's more like an outdoor flea market atmosphere with food vendors from all the surrounding restaurants. It's set up once a month with the streets blocked off. It's a fun way to try out the food from a restaurant you haven't been to.
Maryann

and, then there is Port Angeles with not a darn thing going on.................. Tongue

Both your excursions sound fun and what's more fun than trying new foods??? Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
Oh I'll take some pictures!  I am thinking about getting a sandwich from The Kroft.  I've seen a prime rib melt, porchetta, and braised short rib with pickled onion sandwiches that look hard to pass up.  But we'll walk around in case something looks better.  Or maybe we can each get something from a different place to try a couple of different things.
If my vote counts.............. Smile Smile Smile Last option, for sure!!
www.achefsjourney.com
Oh, doesn't it though? That's what I would pick. And, Trixxee certainly deserves it after all her hard work low- carbing! I'm still not back on track, although I have made some positive changes that I can live with.
Maryann

Good on both of you!!
And, to Sharon also, for what she has to put up with foodwise
www.achefsjourney.com