DINNER THREAD - 7/24/17 - 7/30/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 7/24/17 - 7/30/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
So, we are suppose to go here (https://clevelandmetroparks.com/parks/vi...in-s-wharf) by 1:00 today to watch the Dragon Boat lessons, http://cledba.org/2017/dboats.html. This is something I have been wanting to do for the last few years.

Well, I finally got Ron to agree to at least check it out, and what does he do??? Steps in a hole in the backyard and badly injures his foot! He is actually walking around on crutches! So, plans for today might be spent in the ER getting x-rays. Sad

So, dinner today will probably be something easy like BLT's or a chef's salad since I wasn't planning on being home.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Oh, poor Ron! And, what a fun day you had planned!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
We are going bowling this morning so Michael can try out his gorgeous new ball (and shoes!) and then we'll go here for lunch.   It's ok - but Michael likes the pizza.  I'll get a bbq chopped salad.
http://stonefiregrill.com/

We'll be home in time for Tony to whip up a batch of marinara and meatballs for dinner.  I'm just going to save a breadstick from lunch to have with mine but will make the guys some mostaccoli for to go with theirs.
Ron is getting ready to leave. He is able to walk on it now so probably nothing broken. Doesn't want to go for x-rays so we will go get a rowing lesson instead. Wink
Maryann

I missed the post where Ron hurt his foot.  Glad it is feeling better but you know, sometimes you can still walk around with a broken foot.  My mom did.

Just keep an eye on it.  Look, at our age you don't want any long lasting problems with your feet and a simple xray could give you guys peace of mind (or at least for you Maryann!).
Yes, what Trixxie said!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Huh...I didn't realize you could walk around with a broken foot! Was it very swollen, Trixxee? Ron's foot is not swollen and it was only really painful at about 2:00 this morning when he actually asked me to get him a pain pill. We had some l/o from one of our surgeries. We also put an ice pack on it. He couldn't even walk on it and I had to go look through the basement and find him a pair of crutches so he could walk. But, when he got up this morning, he said it was better and that he could walk on it. Huh
Maryann

That sounds great that it's not swollen and that he feels fine.  Yes, you can walk around depending on the severity and where - there are so many bones.  As a matter of fact, didn't Denise break her foot?
that's right, she did.

Came back to add - Trixxee - Just saw an add for a movie of 'The Glass Castle" Looks like a good one for family
www.achefsjourney.com
Sounds like a good cast! Woody Harrelson should portray the dad perfectly.  LOL.