Update on my business
Big Grin    
A few of you have asked about my home-based baking business, well I do have some good news. 

On May 23rd, Florida's governor signed a bill containing two major changes to the cottage-food law and those changes took effect July 1st. 

First, there used to be a $15,000 gross sales limit which was very restrictive. The idea was that cottage-food businesses were not intended to be how someone would earn a living, but rather a way to test the waters to see if the business would grow well enough to warrant switching to using a commercial kitchen. What  they found, however, was that the $15k limit didn't provide people enough money to pay for the use of a commercial kitchen and still get the supplies needed to make the products that would yield the $15k in sales. 

Now, the limit has been increased to $50k - a much more realistic number that can make the goal of a commercial kitchen more easily attainable or even provide the option of staying home based and earning a halfway-decent living. 

Second, cottage-food businesses are now allowed to accept paid orders over the Internet, although still with the limitations of not being allowed to sell out of state or to ***** products via any third-party courier (personal delivery is okay, but still must be within the state). Customers may also make orders for pickup (either at the farmer's markets or the vendor's home). 

Toward that end,  I have added a store section to my website Right now, it's very basic, since I'm using what's available from Square, rather than a fancier (and more costly), full-featured shopping cart host, but at least it's a way to be able to take customer orders. It's also nice because, this way, customers can order things that I may not always bring to every market (e.g. Irish Soda Bread outside of the time around St. Patrick's Day). 

To see my store, go to http://www.cottageoven.com and click on "Store."
If blueberry muffins have blueberries in them, what do vegan muffins have?
  Re: Update on my business by labradors (A few of you have as...)
Love it!! Labs, your products are so mouth-watering inviting!! You're going to be swamped!! We are so proud of your efftorts and know you'll be a real success!!!! Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
It's great to hear from you, Labs. Sounds like you have been busy, too. I love the photos of your baked goods. They all look and sound delicious. So happy for you that your business has worked out so well.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I love it Labs! It's great that Florida allows you to cook from home. I wish I could order from you!
OH Labs!  I am so excited for you!  Your website is cute and inviting!  I'm sure this will be a great new chapter in your life!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Hey Labs, I have an OT question about Mimosa, so please go to your PM box. Thanks.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Hey Labs!  Good to see you are alive and well.  your website is really good.  Sorry I can't buy from you, but if that ever  changes let me know.  Good luck my friend.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".
Great update Labs!
(07-27-2017, 02:09 PM)Ole d Bay Wrote: Hey Labs! Good to see you are alive and well. your website is really good. Sorry I can't buy from you, but if that ever changes let me know. Good luck my friend.

Good luck!