DINNER THREAD, 7/17/17 - 7/23/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 7/17/17 - 7/23/17 by cjs ([size=medium][b][u]M...)
Jean the Dr appointment went really well.  We first saw this Dr. a couple of years ago, Bob was having some memory issues and I was concerned about his sleep apnea being the cause.  Dr. thought differently and told Bob to quit drinking, which he did for 6 months - memory didn't improve so he went back to normal.  Of course in the meantime Bob got his sleep test, a Cpap and his memory is improving.  The Dr. tested him and admitted that the Cpap was working.   He also told Bob that his "tremors" were probably just aging and nothing to worry about.  I swear he is "WonderMan"!

Tonight's dinner is going to be a wing it dinner.  I am going to make Curry Noodles (spaghetti flavored with curry powder) and then something with chicken, Thai basil, and ????  I have some of the cucumbers marinated in rice wine vinegar.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Saturday's Dinner, 7/22/17??

What's for dinner??

Up in the air here....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Tony is finally getting home today - I think.  LOL.  His flight out of La Guardia was cancelled and last I heard he was trying to get on any flight headed anywhere west.  Honest to god, this has been the trip from HELL.  With all the technology available these days I really don't understand why all this traveling needs to take place.  It's expensive and half the people they were supposed to meet with cancelled.  Rude.

Anyway, I am planning on a beer can chicken since whole chickens were only .89/lb but if he doesn't get home in time to put the bbq on I'll just cook it in the oven.  Corn on the cob on the side.
He's stuck in Houston for hours.  Guess the chicken will go in the oven.  Wink
I used to enjoy flying. Now, it's just stressful. Hope Tony finds his way home soon!

We are having corned beef sandwiches on good rye bread. I picked up a really nice one at Sam's Club for a very good price. So, put it in the slow cooker overnight and just keeping it warm until we feel like having it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I'm adding a corned beef to my Costco list.  :Smile Been craving it and then forgot I was craving it.  Wink
What a week you've had, Trixxee - hope Tony gets home in fine fettle soon.

Piddle - corned beef does sound good....

grilling some beautiful little lamb chops and made a pasta salad using up some zucc and corn that needed to be used. bland colors, but the flavor is good. Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: RE: DINNER THREAD, 7/17/17 - 7/23/17 by cjs (What a week you've h...)
We had BBQ brisket sandwiches for dinner. We went out to lunch at our favorite Thai restaurant in Tri Cities. The only thing both of us ate were the amazing salad rolls which is more than likely the cause of both of us needing to use the "facilities" less than 15 minutes later! We were a little nervous about eating last night and not terribly hungry.
Sunday Dinner, 7/23/17??

What's on the menu for everyone today?? 

I made a couple of small casseroles with the l/o short ribs, gravy and potatoes. Threw a little cheese in there, too.
www.achefsjourney.com
Boy, did I fall behind!

Thursday, I think we had one of the frozen lasagna we like.  Friday was steak night.  Tenderloin was on sale, so I got a couple of nice ones, and I bought two of the house made Italian Sausages called the God Father for Tilley.  Yeaterday, I pulled out the last of our tenderloin scraps from the whole one I bought several weeks ago and made Beef and Broccoli with a few Ramen Noodles.  I doubled the sauce again and added back the little bit of sugar and corn starch.  I also added a good amount of Hoisin Sauce.  It was better than ever!

With all the talk of Beer Can Chicken, I'd love to make it, but our little grill here won't work, and the oven is way too small.  And spatcock chicken isn't quite the same, but that may be the way I go.  Corn on the cob and a tomato and cucumber salad sounds good on the side.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.