DINNER THREAD, 7/17/17 - 7/23/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 7/17/17 - 7/23/17 by cjs ([size=medium][b][u]M...)
Last time we went out for Italian we brought home some of their "famous" italian sausage stuffed with goat cheese so will throw that one the grill.  And a green salad with blue cheese dressing and croutons (craving croutons for some reason).  Even though it's bread I figure we'll eat less of those than polishing off a baguette!

Hopefully they'll be hungry - they are seeing a 2:30pm showing of Dunkirk and will plow though an extra large bucket of popcorn.   I was afraid to go - I get very emotional during war movies.  Will have to wait for Red Box or PPV so I can cry in the privacy of my own home.  Wink
Please let us know what they thought about the movie, T. Seems like it's been a long time since we saw a really good one. I guess it's time to start going to Redbox because we're bored with Netflix and don't have any good movie channels.

We will be having smoked ribs sometime tonight. Ron got them on a bit late, so it could be a while. This is a big 'ol slab of spareribs that he picked up on sale at Acme. I like to buy babybacks, but when he buys them, this is what he prefers for the smoker. He did a lot of trimming so I have a nice bag of scraps to brown up and put in my spaghetti sauce for flavor. That part I'm really happy about! As for the spareribs, they are usually too fatty for my taste, but we'll see.

I can always have chicken noodle soup. I made a pot last night for my son-in-law who came down with pneumonia! Heather is completely baffled as to how he caught it because it's not something that she is seeing at work right now.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: RE: DINNER THREAD, 7/17/17 - 7/23/17 by Mare749 (Please let us know w...)
We have a rack of ribs in the freezer. I might have to get them out, in the smoker for a bit and then into the sous vide. I'll get them thawing for later this week. Last night was Shrimp Louie. They were huge and wonderful on a hot evening. We opened a bottle of Merry Hill Pinot Grigio to go with, quiet evening otherwise catching up on stuff on the DVR.
We have l/o corned beef, so will make sandwiches on good rye and a salad on the side.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: RE: DINNER THREAD, 7/17/17 - 7/23/17 by Mare749 (We have l/o corned b...)
Oh Maryann that sounds so good!