Cooked Pasta??

Just got a pkg. from Tracie Lee - WTH??

[Image: Jul%2013%20Cooked%20Pasta_zpsmojd9bjm.jpg]
I can not believe this is an actual commercial product!!

We'll give it a try tomorrow night...stay tuned. Confused
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Cooked Pasta?? by cjs ([size=small]Just got...)
I will be interested to hear what you think. Saw this on the grocery shelves recently, but have not tried it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I saw that . . . interesting, but since I can't eat it oh well.  

But we saw THIS on Costco.com and jumped on it.  Now I can make pasta, using my Canadian flour anytime I want.  I tried it last night for the first time and it was amazing!   I've had one of these before and it was a bit of a pain, this one was easy to use, fast and cleanup was a breeze!  It was $199 on Costco.com.  Bob said "happy birthday, now make some pasta!".  LOL Wink
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
I still have my pasta machine.....somewhere in the bowels of the storage room.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: RE: Cooked Pasta?? by cjs (I still have my past...)
I have my hand crank, which I love - but there's no room to roll out pasta dough. This one makes pasta in less time than it takes to get a pot of water boiling. I moved my Cuisinart to the basement (still no replacement blade) to make room for this.
I'm talking about a machine also, (not the roller - which I also still have.) with all the different discs for variety of pasta shapes.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: RE: Cooked Pasta?? by cjs (I'm talking about a ...)
Yup. I was impressed with how well this one worked compared to the old one.
What a cool machine!  I tried the damp paper towel trick with the rollers for my Kitchen Aide mixer, but didn't have any luck yet.  It's still at the house.  And I can see this is a great space saver for the camper!  I need to put this on my wish list!  Thanks for the review Sharon!

Jean, I'll be interested to see what you think!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
It would be hard for me to say Daphne, I've not seen the new version Sharon has. I sure loved my old one - it was heavy enough to work the pasta and I liked the metal dies/discs. I may have to dig it out and use it again now that these old hands aren't as good for working with doughs.

Lastly, my machine is rather bulky where it looks like this new one is smaller (?) - so mine sure wouldn't be handy in the travel world.

We tried this pre-cooked pasta last night and I'm not impressed at all. It has a rather tough texture/mouth feel - don't think I'd buy it even for the convenience of trailering.
www.achefsjourney.com
Thanks for the review on the pasta, Jean.

All this talk about pasta machines is making me want to get mine out of the basement. I had an attachment that went on my Oster Kitchen Center that Ron bought me for Christmas one year. I haven't used it in years.

Daphne, what is the wet paper towel trick?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."