The World's Most Healthiest Foods
Thumbs Up    
I found a really interesting book at the Dr’s office a few days ago, came home and ordered a used one on Amazon for $6.00. An 880 page book packed full of info that is fascinating. He is a bit of a fanatic but full of tips/hints and suggestions – many I hadn’t heard of nor thought of. Libraries may have the book, but I just can’t stand giving books like this back… J

The first example I found interesting – re “quick broiling”
Preheat broiler as usual, but place a shallow metal pan under the heat of the broiler for 10 min. (for fish – right below the  heat/for chicken – down closer to the middle of the oven). Season product and place on hot pan – don’t need any oil because the pan is so hot, it immediately seals the meat on the bottom and keeps the meat from sticking. Return the meat under the broiler – it will now cook rapidly from both sides and not need to be turned. Cooking time is very quick.

Anyway, I’m finding lots of info on methods for cooking/preparing foods I’ve never tried before.

Healthiest Foods
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: The World's Most Healthiest Foods by cjs ([size=small][color=#...)
Sounds interesting. Thanks, Jean.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Have you ever broiled like the above??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
No, but what a fascinating method! It makes so much sense. I'm thinking a cast iron skillet would work well for that method when broiling a piece of meat.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Jean is the title of the thread the title of the book?

Sounds fascinating!!!!!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
I sometimes heat the baking sheet before I put some things on it to bake for the same idea.
Daphne, there is a link to the book on Amazon in the initial post.

I do too, Sharon - especially my pizza pan, but I've never done the broiling method.
www.achefsjourney.com
Thanks Jean!  Putting it on my wish list!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
We don't have a broiler so I haven't tried that.  I seem to recall my parents doing something like that when Dad would get steaks.

Now it's the grill, cast iron skillet, or the Searzall.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
We don't have a broiler so I haven't tried that.  I seem to recall my parents doing something like that when Dad would get steaks.

Now it's the grill, cast iron skillet, or the Searzall.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!