DINNER THREAD, 7/3/17 - 7/9/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 7/3/17 - 7/9/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
We are having some leftovers from last night's dinner out.  Sizzling sausage platter (the sausage has little dices of goat cheese in it - so good), cheese ravioli with both marinara and alfredo sauce, and thin crust cheese pizza.  The raviolis are so plump that just one for each of us that is leftover will be enough.
love the sausage w/feta in it!!

No, I have not tried strawberry soup, but sounds very good and I think there are some strawberries in the bowels of my freezer............ Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Thank you, Sharon! Wink
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
O.T. a little - yesterday afternoon, I looked out the window......  They were so cute just marching down the middle of the road – almost missed them as I looked for the camera.
[Image: Jul%207%20Geese_zpsbcqan68t.jpg]
After appt. we stopped at Safeway ‘for dinner’ – when Roy came out with his bag and I asked what he had gotten, he said, “Fried Chicken” – I asked, “what are you having with it?”

….a martini. Well rounded meal, I guess.

[Image: Jul%207%20Roy%20Safeway%20dinner_zpsceqbz6sl.jpg]
[Image: Jul%207%20Jean%20Safeway%20dinner_zpsgmtdhpxo.jpg]
We were both happy with our choices....easy Smile

Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Jean, you crack me up. When we occasionally pick up fried chicken from the deli counter at Giant Eagle, we pick up an 8 piece box! We eat some for dinner, Ron takes a couple pieces for lunch the next day, and I make chicken salad with what's left. Oink.

Love your pic! We have them around here once in a while, too. They hold up traffic when crossing the street!

We got invited to Holly's for a cookout, so I'll be getting that hotdog after all. They want to clear out the fridge since they are leaving for Baltimore tomorrow. Bob has to attend some workshops for his job, so Holly is going to take the girls touring around for a few days. When he is finished, they are headed to Cape Cod, then Boston, and eventually New York City. She has tickets for major attractions including the Statue of Liberty.

I had cherries to use that I had bought the other day and they were not very sweet. So, I turned them into pie filling and swirled it into a box mix cake recipe that I found online. I will take that to Holly's and the rest will find it's way to the parents.
Maryann

We had a lot of geese hanging around the park across the street as of a few weeks ago but they are long gone now.  Probably too hot.

Thanks for posting the picture of the chicken tenders.  Tony is traveling AGAIN next week and picking up some tenders from Raising Cain's will be a good dinner for us for a couple of nights along with some vegetables (fries for Michael).

I must get back to dieting soon.  I got on the scale today.  Gained 3 pounds in 3 weeks.  But still down 19.  Don't see it in the mirror at all though.
Are you feeling it in your clothes, Trixxee??

Maryann, your cherry cake concoction sounds good. Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
Um, I don't think so.  I sneezed this morning and my shorts fell off me - LOL.  But I do not want this weight creeping back on.  I can see it in my face frankly and I've always had a full face so the less full, the better.  I was doing so good with walking last week but this week it's just been way too darn hot to do much of anything exercise wise - even in the house!

Tomorrow and Monday I have all food planned it's mostly low carbish.  We are having corn on the cob tomorrow but you can't cut it all out - that never works anyway.
I think 19 lbs. is fabulous and you are doing way better than I am. After the initial 8 lb. weight loss and 3 or 4 weeks without bread or pasta, I had enough, and haven't gotten back on track. But.....am planning to! Big Grin

Jean, the cherry cake was a huge hit. I sent the rest with the kids to take on the road in their picnic basket.

I could have sworn Holly said they were going to Baltimore, but that wasn't right. They are starting in Syracuse, NY, for one day, then have to go to Providence, RI, for 2 days. Then, Boston and NYC. Confused
Maryann

Good job Trixxee!  Jean that looks wonderful!  Everything goes better with a martini - Bob found a new vermouth and he's in heaven!

Tonight was Alaskan Pollack burgers with a sweet chili/Sriracha mayo garnished with daikon radish, cucumber & red onion.  If Costco quits carrying these I am going to be so unhappy!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!