DINNER THREAD, 6/26/17 - 7/2/16
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 6/26/17 - 7/2/16 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Thursday's Dinner, 6/29/17??

What's for dinner today?? 

I'll play with some leftovers as we have running around to do.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Sharon, how did that prime rib turn out?

We have l/o ribs to use and I have a pile of french fries that I didn't eat with my lunch today. So, I will re-fry them for Ron and make a salad.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Tony is finally back home after 5 days in San Antonio.  But we're not that hungry so just having a piece of tortilla crusted tilapia each and that's it.  Nothing with it.  LOL.
I'm curious also, Maryann - how many ribs was it, Sharon??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
T.F.I.F. Dinner, 6/30/17??

What's for dinner today?? (can you believe it's July already?)  I found a box of tortellini, so something with those, don't know if hot or cold. And, I have a Chicken back quarter I stuck in the oven with a rub of something I can't talk about....yet. Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
Trixxee, you're back! No wonder you haven't been posting since your hubs was out of town.

Jean, looking forward to your new rub recipe. I got a fresh container of Tony C's, so we've have been using that quite a bit, but it's fun to try something new.

This week has been a complete loss in terms of healthy eating. Lunch out two days in a row, now no cooking again tonight as we are going to the Chinese Night Market in Asiatown and will be eating "street food" from all the vendors cooking outside. Really hoping the rain will be gone by then.
Maryann

The Prime Rib was astounding.  8 hours at 130 was perfect.  Bob got a good sear on all sides on the grill - then I put the crust on top and he closed the lid and let 'er rip until she hit 130.  It was perfection!  Bob and Jeff are now convinced that this might have been the best prime rib ever.  EVER.  Last night we had the leftovers.  I just bagged the leftover in small bags and put back in the Anova at 130 for about an hour - again perfect.  Our "fearless leader" (boss) brought us over a big bag of lettuces from her garden and I made a French Vinaigrette (Penzeys) to go on it and it was the perfect side (with the leftover mashed potatoes). Tongue

I wish it wasn't such a pain to post pictures.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
OH WOW, Sharon!  So drooling!  And half off takes it over the top!!!!  I don't think I could take pictures!  LOL!

I pulled out one of my packs of tenderloin ends last night for Restaurant Style Beef and Broccoli (extra broccoli and double the sauce).  Served it tossed with a few linguine noodles.

Tonight would be steak night, but Earl came by to let us know he's doing a big pot of Chicken and Rice in the shed if we are interested.  Of course we are!  Getting laundry and cleaning done today so I can enjoy the next four days with a clean conscience.  We will work tomorrow and Monday, but Sunday I'll enjoy the park, performances and street food with the kids.  William so grateful they are coming so he won't have to go with me!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Sharon, that really does sound wonderful! Glad it was so good. Maybe I need to re-think the whole Anova idea..... Wink

Daphne, have fun this weekend! Wish I was there! Big Grin
Maryann

I know, Maryann!  I find myself rethinking the Anova, too!  And I wish you were here, too!  I don't post on FB often, but I will try to post lots of pics over the holiday!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.