4th of July - 2017
Smile    
The 4th is almost here - and  it's on a Tuesday Sad  - don't like it when it's not on a weekend, everything gets screwed up!!

But, any plans yet?? Our Motley Crew is getting together for a house party. I think I'll take a couple of appies, but don't know what yet...need some new ideas.

One new one which sounds interesting -
a spread of cream cheese, cheddar, sherry, curry, tabasco - spread in a flat dish and topped with mango chutney and green onions for crackers. sounds tasty.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: 4th of July - 2017 by cjs ([size=small]The 4th ...)
It does sound tasty! We don't have any plans for the 4th just yet and I don't really want to make any. Ron and I could use a day down at the lake, so might be packing up a picnic and doing that. Wink They always have spectacular fireworks in the evening.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
A get-away sounds like something you & Ron need. Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I'm already 6 months overdue for a vacation, and boy do I feel it!
Maryann

It's been a while since we've had to enviously live thru you and Ron heading off on a cruise, that's for sure!! Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
Yep, first time in 16 years. That's how long H&H have both been married and the last year we had big bills. We thought maybe we should skip this year because of all the work we are having done on our house, but find ourselves "weakening" and looking at fall cruises, if we can find one for the right price.
Maryann

Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
Shoot, we should be close to having the funds in a few months, but we can't afford to take the time off.    Anybody connected to the real estate business around here can tell you that it has not been this busy since the peak of the housing bubble!

Since Southport is known for the NC Official Fourth of July Festival, things get crazy around here.  It's a four day festival and our population swells to over ten times its normal summer population which is crazy anyway!  We will try to work away from town and the beach to avoid the crowds.  We prefer weekend holidays also!

Anyway, there is great street food the whole week, so we will likely enjoy that so we can be downtown for the fantastic fireworks display.  It's been years since we've been down here for the fireworks....I'm excited!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Sounds like fun, Daphne. Also sounds like it will be hard to get any work done during those 4 days with all the festivities going on. Big Grin
Maryann

We are doing our usual 4th family get together.  We are making it a little easier on us this year, Eric is bringing Austin BBQ, We already have lasagna frozen, chicken salad, slaw, pulled pork and Carolina sauce, charo soup. gaspachio, and much more.  Only doing spare ribs and sausage on the grill.  Everybody is coming! Our oldest grandson is coming earlier to "hang out" with the old folks. Love it.  Happy holiday everyone.
"He who sups with the devil should have a. long spoon".