Dinner Thread, 6/19 - 6/25/17
  Re: RE: Dinner Thread, 6/19 - 6/25/17 by cjs ([size=small]Debated ...)
Jean that tomato salad looks so good!  This week has been hell.  Bob has had to work overtime most days because of equipment breakdowns.  Work was crazy - but knowing that Monday I'll have to deal with three days of tournament/RV park crazy cash drops I got all of the week's cash drops done, answered all the Bookkeeper's questions and left work feeling good.  Bob has to go down this afternoon and grill 40 or 50 hamburgers for the tournament and I have to go down and shmoooze some customers this afternoon too.  

Food has been interesting . . . meals planned and delayed.  Jeff brought steaks over Thursday . . . the night water guy called just as we were getting the steaks seasoned to go on the grill.  Jeff had to do his job.  We got the steaks last night - 2 hours sous vide at 131f, the cooled down under running cold water.  Bob got the grill rebuilt this week so he was able to get a great sear on them!  We also got to the Lemon Garlic Scape Pasta, Sauteed Mushrooms and cauliflower & broccoli done in my microwave grill pan.  

We did the a great recipe from Food Network Magazine, Italian Sausages & Grapes and Cheesy Polenta.  It was fantastic - I did use hot Italian sausages and they were perfect with the grapes.
  Re: Dinner Thread, 6/19 - 6/25/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Yes! I forgot to mention that! Jean, that salad looks so good and summery.

Also, forgot to mention that I ordered the magazine you recommended. Can't wait!
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Tony picked up some pre-marinated beef bulgolgi (sp?) at Costco today to throw on the grill.  I'll steam some cauliflower and broccoli to go with it.
  Re: RE: Dinner Thread, 6/19 - 6/25/17 by Mare749 (Yes! I forgot to me...)
And I forgot to mention that I just made a double batch of pizza dough using half Italian 000 flour, Jeff is bringing the fixings for pizzas. Bob's going to put the pizza oven on the grill with a salad.
I used to love going to RV shows - and they are always going on around this area. I'm just not looking forward to all the traipsing anymore... Tongue

Everything sounds good again today - especially since I'm too pooped to do anything. It's amazing how out of the routine you get when you don't set up/take down a trailer for so long!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Everything sounds so good!  An old friend of William's stopped by a few weeks ago asking for help finding his corners we set a few years ago.  William went with him to find them and refused payment.  I was surprised to learn he was the one to take us out of first place in a King Mackerel Tournament a while back!  That was a lot of money to loose!  LOL!  Anyway, I teased him about at least compensating me by bringing me some fish sometime.  Yesterday, he brought us some fresh caught grouper, cleaned and ready to cook, as a thank you for helping him out.  So sweet!!!

So a short marinade in Italian Dressing and grilled to perfection!  It was DELICIOUS!!!!  It has been too long!  Corn on the cob on the side. 

I'll work for barter any time when it comes to fresh seafood!  That reminds me, Paul brought us cards for $200 worth of free food at Provision Company...the hottest restaurant in town.  I'll cover that one the next time we go eat there.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
I'm with you, Daphne - I love bartering. I mentioned in the popcorn thread about our hippy neighbor who brought us goat milk a while back (and I made some goat cheese) and the other day he brought us some of his goat cheese to try. Thank heaven's I had just made the popcorn bread, so sent a loaf home with him. This is fun!! Smile
The fish 'barter' sounds wonderful, tho!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Sunday Dinner, 6/25/17??

What's for dinner today?? 

Freezer goodies so we can get some work done. Smile  Tongue 
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: RE: Dinner Thread, 6/19 - 6/25/17 by cjs (I'm with you, Daphne...)
I love barter too.

I put flank steak in the Anova for tonight. It needed to be cooked. We have the bulk of 4 smallish pizzas I made last night for Jeff's pizza party. He left and never came back. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

We were going to go to Oregon today . . . but Bob needs to work on the van. Friends offered us their car to go - but it's a stick and with Bob's hip it's not going to work. We'll go after work one day this week.
What do you do in Oregon, Sharon?  Is the trip for shopping?  When we had our trailer in Pa. many years ago, we used to do a lot of shopping at a nearby mall that had a Sears. There was no sales tax on clothing, at least back then. Saved me quite a bit especially when getting my girls ready for the new school year.

Almost forgot to post dinner! This morning, I made potato salad, deviled eggs, and marinated vegetables. Ron is cooking chicken on the grill and when it's done we will be taking everything out to his parents. Day 2 of parent-sitting. Angel
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."