Dinner Thread, 6/19 - 6/25/17
Rainbow    
Monday's Dinner, 6/18/17??

What's on the menu for today?? 

Can't make up my mind what protein, but I do have a couple zuccs to use and I may make a 1/2 batch of popcorn bread.  
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Dinner Thread, 6/19 - 6/25/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Busy day today, so took a quart of beef barley stew out of the freezer to warm up for dinner.

This morning, I made orange biscotti, my mom's recipe. She always put a powdered sugar glaze on them afterwards, but I would like to use a chocolate glaze, then sprinkle with a few nuts. Might do half and half.

Alyssa finished survival camp. Now this week, she is going to a day camp at a local college that has all kinds of fun classes for kids in the summer. In fact, one of them was called "Chef for a week" but Alyssa really wanted to take the class for computer game design. I have to be up even earlier this week to transport her, but it is closer.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I am so envious of the class offering the kids have today (at least in your area). When my sis and I were kids - single working mom - what a pain in the butt to keep us out of trouble in the summer. We lived at the town swimming pool and the Y - but, those classes were mostly braiding plastic bracelets or some dumb thing.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I remember making those bracelets Jean!  LOL.

We are having our main meal for lunch because Tony has to meet up with some coworkers & CEO visiting from Australia.  I'm hoping they are going to announce some good benefit news as all the US people are 1099 people with no health insurance or 401k.   So anyway, we are having grilled pork chops and roasted sweet potatoes for lunch.
fingers crossed, Trixxee!
www.achefsjourney.com
Yes, fingers crossed, Trixxee!

I will be posting Michael's Graduation Dinner Party Review either later this evening or tomorrow, just so everyone knows to look for it. Wink
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Tuesday's Dinner, 6/20/17??

What's for dinner for everyone today??

Motley Crew meeting up later tonight, so our mid-day will be some hash (from the freezer) with an egg on top and a grape tomato salad I found somewhere and sounded summery.
www.achefsjourney.com
Today is going to be Sausages & Grapes with Cheesy Polenta.  It's from Food Network Magazine and has been calling my name all winter.  Grapes were on sale so it's perfect timing.   I am using hot Italian Sausages instead of sweet.  I think I am also going to have a version of Bananas Foster with bananas left after making Banana Bourbon.  (oooh - is that a tasty treat!)

This was going to be last night's dinner but my back and work said no!  I finally threw my hands up at work and walked out the door!  I often worry about some of our employees . . . if you have done your paperwork correctly (usually perfectly) for 7 years why do you change it up and do it on the wrong forms?  I thought maybe they were out of the correct form . . . nope.  The final straw - I get a phone call from the RV office.  The receipt printer isn't printing.  Is it connected to the computer.  Yes.  Turn the printer off and then on.  There's no switch.   Yes, it's right on the front, center, just under the status lights.  No, there's no switch, no lights.  NO LIGHTS?   No, no lights, no switch.  NO LIGHTS? No.  Is it plugged in to electricity?  (forehead slap) Oh . . . now it's working.  Done!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Put your feet up and have a drink!
www.achefsjourney.com
Debated whether  to make a separate thread for this recipe I tried today, but I'll put it here.... I love hash with a poached egg on top and todays was another good one -
[Image: jun202020002_zpsvfaihgq7.jpg]

It’s was so tasty and especially good with summery marinated grape tomato (I added asparagus) salad.
[Image: jun202020001_zpsggntdvqb.jpg]

A little background - are you all aware of the magazine (and newsletter) All Recipes? I recently subscribed to the magazine and I swear, if I was still working I'd be making darn near every dish they  publish. Maryann, I was going to send an email to  you for Holly & Heather (and the recipes are good for the young chefs, also). These recipes are just perfect for working families. anyway, here is the marinated tomato salad I made today -

Marinated Cherry Tomato Salad
(I used Grape tomatoes and asparagus and sprinkled with lots of black pepper and feta)
www.achefsjourney.com