DINNER THREAD, 6/5/17 - 6/11/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 6/5/17 - 6/11/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Looks like a fun group!  And don't we all need work on our stomachs.  I know I do.

I have some cauliflower to use up so thinking of making a creamy cauliflower/vegetable soup garnished with bacon.  And possibly splurge with some garlic bread and olive tapenade (tapenade from Costco of course) on the side.
Polenta - haven't had for a while.

Oh Trixxee - look what I saw this morning. Looks tasty.

Cauliflower Melt
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Oh my goodness, the cauliflower melts do look good! Love the photo, Jean. You all look like a fun bunch!

Sharon, your dinner is REALLY calling my name! Let us know how it turns out. Sounds amazing.

I had lunch out with my dad today and lunch out with my sister yesterday, so really getting way off track with my dieting intentions. I will be eating soup and salads for the next few days. I picked up a nice steak for Ron on my way home today, to put on the grill with a baked potato if he wants it.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Yes, the melts look awesome.

Here is the soup recipe I'm going to try.  I bought some leeks though to replace the onion, just for something a little different.  I'm liking the nutritional info for this recipe a lot.

http://damndelicious.net/2014/03/22/caul...r-chowder/
You two are going to have me so healthy I won't be able to stand it!! These dishes sound so good. Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Great picture, Jean!!!

Trixxee, I want to know what you think of that soup!

We splurged for lunch.  We both had a cup of delicious Lobster Bisque, and William got a Cobb Salad.  I got Tenderloin Steak Bites with Frites.  I only ate a few fries and about half the steak bites....but oh so good!  That said, neither one of us is hungry tonight.  I have corn dogs in the freezer if one of us gets hungry.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Yes, I would like to know about that soup, too. Sounds great.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
The short ribs (https://recipes.anovaculinary.com/recipe...t-rib-ragu) should be done shortly.  Because of work I didn't get home in time to do the polenta in the sous vide so it will be done on the simmer cycle on the microwave.  I'm too freaking tired to stand there stirring.  Asparagus will be the side.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
The short ribs looks great - good idea re freezing the sauce first.
www.achefsjourney.com
Thursday's Dinner, 6/8/17??

What's for dinner??

Yesterday got away from me, so hash is on for today.

I finally have my raised garden planter done and my one tomato plant (yellow pear), zucchini, parsley & mint are planted. I have 6 more sections to the planter and not sure what else I'll be planting. I'm really scaling back - I  don't think I've ever planted just one tomato. Sad But, canning/preserving days are behind me, I think, want just enough goodies to use.
www.achefsjourney.com