ANOVA! Sale!
  Re: ANOVA! Sale! by Harborwitch (Anova is having a sa...)
We got the 2nd Anova Thursday!  I'm going to order another set of sous vide "balls" - OMG these things rock.  They help to get the temp up quickly and hold it even without a lid.  Off to Amazon.

In case no one heard . . .  Anova is coming out with a new model in October - it's a smaller more simplified version that is on sale now for $69.00 pre order!  Well d@mn!  Bob said 2 is enough!
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
Hmmmm, guess I 'll have to ask Trace if she is interested at all in one of these.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
So, what will you be cooking, Sharon? Does it come with a cookbook?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Today I'm planning on getting some Strawberry Rhubarb Jam going in, some preserved lemons, and chocolate cheesecake (or white chocolate) in one.  I'll put skirt steak in the other one.  So far we've used our Anova 4 nights in a row.  I love that it doesn't heat up the kitchen!

It doesn't come with a cookbook - but there are two excellent facebook groups where they share a lot of ideas.  The Anova app also allows you to search for recipes and the Anovaculinary.com site has tons or recipes.  I bought two cookbooks, the one I use most often is from the Modernist Cooking Made Easy series - Sous Vide.  I am having so much fun with this.  

Other than the blade for my food processor (expected sometime after June!) I only want one other major tool for the kitchen, a really good whipping siphon!  A new stovetop would be nice, but that's "home improvement" not toys.
You only live once . . . but if you do it right once should be enough!
It sounds like fun. What are you going to do with a whipping siphon?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: RE: ANOVA! Sale! by Mare749 (It sounds like fun. ...)
I have lots of plans for it. WE did a dinner from the Idaho Potato calendar this winter "Smoked Potato Crema, Roasted Potatoes & Parmigiano Reggiano Foam with Roasted Chicken Thighs. The dinner was incredible - even used my smoking gun. The only fail was the "foam". Mine was like a sauce good, but the texture was wrong. The dinner was a solid 10 even without the foam.
Was this recipe from the 2017 calendar?? I don't see it offered. Sounds good.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: RE: ANOVA! Sale! by cjs (Was this recipe from...)
Yes. It was the March recipe. OMG Jean! Stunning recipe.
thanks - I'll look again
www.achefsjourney.com
Sharon, shall I assume this sale is over?  Looked on Amazon and the cheapest I found was $149 unless purchased from a third party for $88+ and not sure about that?  Or was this sale on the Anova web site?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.