HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, PJ!

So sorry for missing your birthday, Patti-Jo! With this new forum, we are missing all sorts of things, but mostly our members who have dropped off for one reason or another. Anyway, it's great to see you and hope you are well!

Hope you had a very Happy Birthday! Smile
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
  Re: HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, PJ! by Mare749 (So sorry for missing...)
Oh PJ!! Happy late birthday and it really is great when you stop in the forum. You need to catch us up on what's happening in your kitchen(s). Smile We haven't heard about 'Picky' for an awfully long time. Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
HAPPY Belated BIRTHDAY, PJ!!!  I hope you had a great day!  Do pop in to fill us in!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Thank you, ladies!  Wow, the catering life is busy.  Our original plan to move off campus couldn't work.  2 million and not a penny more!! as we've been told oh too often.  So, redesign-  rip out our entire kitchen and surrounding areas, unfortunately stealing some of the Dining Hall's storage space (located upstairs) and half of a retail space located on our ground floor level.  We are not popular at the moment.  On the day after graduation, we had to move everything to a closed for the summer dining hall across campus to operate there.  Yup, that's the 3rd summer move in 4 years.  Only this time everything had to go, right down to the Christmas decorations.  EVERYTHING.  And that was on my birthday.  (which Picky forgot but that's another story)  So far they're on schedule.  We've had no let up what so ever, unusual but working overbooked since March.  Overtime is good I guess, but it's summer, I want to vacate!!!

In the meantime, Picky turned 60 at the beginning of May, so I threw him a surprise party.  About 35 pp, I think.  I got it done, success!! while working overtime for the 2 weeks before.  

Now, for the forgotten birthday.  Really?  2 weeks earlier I threw him a party-----But, guilt overtook the poor soul, a case of my favorite chardonnay, (not on sale which is quite the gift Smile, dinner at my favorite steakhouse (more than a car payment for me Big Grin )  and the beautiful new wheels I've been wanting for my car.  Which I just paid off!!

I'm trying like he!!  to take some of my almost 4 weeks of vacation time I have coming.  None of us have been able to take it.  

And, Picky's daughter bought a house, and is marrying in Sept.  My middle bought a house (they are best friends and 4 months apart in age)

BUSY.  
Sorry 'm not here more.  I read, but it takes too much energy to respond, sometimes.  And I never thought I'd hear someone tell me, 2 million dollars and not a penny more!!

Go figure Cool
PJ
Great to see you, PJ! Wow, you really are busy! So glad you stopped in to update us on what's happening in your part of the world. Don't be a stranger. Try to stop in once in a while to catch up. So glad Picky made up for missing your birthday. Big Grin
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Oh....I bet Picky was in the doghouse for a while. Pretty good save, tho. Smile I'm so glad you took a minute to catch us up a little. Jesus, you just exhausted me reading your last few months work load.

Hang in there and knockers up - and stop in whenever you can grab a glass of that chardonnay and put your feet up!! We miss you.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Hi, PJ!  At least you're stopping in from time to time!  It's great to "see" you!

I can't imagine how you do it all!  But I can relate to being overbooked!  I've got to stop telling clients 2-3 weeks!  It's more like 3-4!  I hope you get a break soon!

I can't believe he forgot...especially since his birthday was two weeks before!  William's birthday is a little over two weeks (15 days) and I consider that a reminder that mine is coming!  LOL!  WOW!  But at least he came through in a big way in the end!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
  Re: RE: HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, PJ! by pjcooks (Thank you, ladies!  ...)
Hi PJ - it's good to see you too! Happy Belated Birthday! Picky certainly pulled off a great "save"! It sounds like your life is crazy right now. Enjoy, but remember to take time to breathe!