DINNER THREAD - 5/15/17 - 5/21/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 5/15/17 - 5/21/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
Saturday's Dinner, 5/20/17??

What's on the menu for everyone today??

Have no idea here - need inspiration............
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Thinking about putting some burgers on the grill, but that could change if Ron stops at the meat store. Once he gets in there, it all looks good.

Jean, you could do my birthday dinner....
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
That's right - I'd better be getting it scheduled!!

Decided for today, tho. Fried rice with ham and an artichoke - I want to try it in the IP again, last time I didn't cook them long enough. Would like to get the timing down. Not enough food for Roy, so I'll thaw a piece of the blackberry pie for him.

Got my grill all cleaned up and ready to go!! And, we're supposed to have beautiful weather for a few days............ Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Tonight is Michael's prom  Rolleyes and we have to drop him off at one of his teacher's houses at 6:00pm for a pot luck dinner with some other students so we need something easy and I'm not sure what that is going to be.  I'm going to look at the seafood counter in a little bit.

Do you guys have a chain called Raising Cane's?  They sell chicken fingers.  LOL.  Anyway, I'm picking up a tailgate tray of fingers as our contribution to the pot luck.  At least I know Michael will eat something that way.
Oh How fun for Michael - hope he has the grandest time. Are you comfortable putting his picture on the internet?? Would love to see him all dressed up!

No. to the Raising Cane - didn't know it when we were Californians either
www.achefsjourney.com
No, we don't have that chain out here, but if they are good, sure wish we did.  That's one of the few things that Alyssa will eat.  That, and pierogies.   I asked her tonight if she likes ANY vegetables and she said yes, zucchini sticks!  (breaded and fried, of course)

We had BLT's tonight with a side of marinated vegetables.  Alyssa had pierogies that she cooked herself.  She likes them pan-fried in butter and I was quite impressed with her skill for an 11 year old who has a pretty limited appetite.

Loved Michael's pic on FB! Hope he has a great time!
Maryann

Oh, there is a picture! Will go check it out Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
Sunday Dinner, 5/21/17??

What's on the menu today??

BBQ!!!!! Finally and it's just going to be 1/2 a chicken with some regular goopy BBQ sauce....very old school. But, I'm going to get my book and sit out on the deck and just enjoy working with the grill. I have one more huge artichoke to work with - 20 min. in the IP yesterday was too long, so will try 17 min. today. Happy Camper here. Big Grin  
www.achefsjourney.com
We are suppose to go to the Asian Festival in Chinatown this afternoon with some friends. They have live entertainment, dance competitions and lots of food vendors. The problem is that it is now raining and the forecast is calling for 100% rain all day. Not sure what the backup plan will be just yet....
Maryann

Thanks MA!  He's still sleeping but I talked to him briefly at midnight (latest he's ever been out) and he said he had a good time.

I think Tony's going to put together a pan of chicken enchiladas.  Sour cream and black olives for garnishes.

Have a good Sunday everyone, rain or shine.