DINNER THREAD - 5/15/17 - 5/21/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 5/15/17 - 5/21/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
When cleaning out the freezer, I found a package of beef stew meat that I bought when the weather was still cold. So, decided to make Easy Chile Colorado Beef from the Instant Pot cookbook. Ron will have his in a burrito, and I will put mine over shredded iceberg with tomatoes, black olives, scallions, sour cream and a sprinkle of cheddar cheese.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Michael and I aren't getting home until later than normal due to college summer session orientation at the high school so I'm picking him up a shake and burger at Carl's Jr. on our way home and Tony and I are grilling burgers (bunless) topped with a mushroom sauce I froze from some pork chops last week.

Grapes on the side.  LOL.
Hope it all goes smoothly, Trixxee. I know that another transition can be stressful.

So, does anyone watch the chef who cooks outside in Norway? I love this guy. Everything always looks and sounds delicious. I usually have the TV on when I'm doing stuff around the house, so was listening to him today. He was making a lamb stew and he said that when he can't get saffron for some reason, he uses marigold! But, by the time I got back into the kitchen to see what he was talking about, he had moved on to something else. So, I didn't find out if he was talking about using the leaves or the flowers! Has anyone heard of this?
Maryann

I think that's why I have a headache MA.  But this should be fairly simple - this history of tv/film he's taking to fulfill an Arts requirement is literally being held at the high school for 5 weeks this summer, Mon-Wed, 9:00am-12:00pm.  I figure it would be a smart way to see how a college level class is conducted, he earns college credit and there's no tuition.  But still.....LOL.

Friday will be the big stress day.  As a field trip the graduating seniors spend the day at the local community college for orientation and I believe they each speak to a counselor on what they should take the first two semesters.  I'm so lost, so I'm grateful for the trip and the parents are welcome so I'll be following the school bus in my car.  LOL!  I hope I'm not the only parent!  The things I worry about....
I really doubt that you will be the only parent unless some can't get off of work to go.  Most parents have a lot of questions when their graduate is just starting college. I know we certainly did and I was a bundle of nerves when my girls graduated.

How fantastic that Michael can get a taste of college classes this summer!
Maryann

Certainly a few anxious and eventful weeks in Michael's future!! I'll bet he'll be fine and with Mom having his back, how could he not.

I've never heard of this chef, Maryann - what network is he on??Subbing marigolds for the saffron is interesting, but given it only really covers the color and not a similar taste, probably won't ever try it.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Jean, I copied this from Create TV's website.

The culinary travel series "New Scandinavian Cooking" offers a rich visual tour of Northern European cuisine, culture and history. Award-winning TV host, food journalist and cookbook author Andreas Viestad and Tina Nordstrom treat viewers to an eye-opening voyage through Norway, Sweden and other locales. Occasionally, guest chefs Sara La Fountain and Claus Meyer join Andreas on his culinary adventures through Finland and Denmark. In each episode, they make tantalizing dishes in stunning outdoor locations using locally sourced vegetables, grains, cheese, fish, beef and lamb.
Maryann

huh, will have to do a little searching....
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Thursday's Dinner, 5/18/17??

What's for dinner today??

Been a while, but I'm going to make a Mexican pizza.  
www.achefsjourney.com
I'm thinking of doing my birthday dinner today unless something else catches my eye at the store.
Maryann