Ramen Seasoning Packets

Before anyone says anything, I realize these little goodies are not really good for us, but then isn't the list of 'good for us' dwindling, also?? Undecided  I ran across these ideas in a newsletter the other day and for once in a while, I think there are some great suggestions here. Especially #6

RAMEN SEASONING PACKETS - 6 Crafty Uses for Leftover Ramen Seasoning Packets

① Fry Up Lip-Smacking Chicken
The next time you're deep-frying a Southern feast, add ramen seasoning to your flour dredge; an additional post-fry dusting of the powder in place of salt makes for extra-succulent, lip-smacking chicken.
② Make the Best Movie Night Popcorn Ever
Before heaping on extra melted butter, toss your popped kernels with a few packets—we guarantee you'll be microwaving another batch before you've made it halfway through the first Chef's Table episode.
③ Punch Up Salad Dressings
Lowbrow as they may be, crunchy ramen slaws are the underrated hero of any picnic table. Take a cue from this potluck favorite by using instant noodle seasoning to amp up your salad dressings and vinaigrettes.
④ Turn Bland Rice into a Side Dish Superstar
Your ramen flavoring is basically a bouillon cube after all. Add a packet into your rice's cooking liquid, and it'll have more than enough oomph to escape its dreaded "token side dish" status.
⑤ Stir Up an Ultra-Savory Dip
Swirl a few pouches into a bowl of sour cream or Greek yogurt, and your ruffled, thick-cut potato chips will never meet a better dunking companion.
⑥ Roast Extra-Flavorful Potatoes
Ready for the best roast potatoes you'll ever have? In lieu of salt, toss your spuds in this all-purpose spice blend, and you'll forget about that sizzling roast chicken on the dinner table.
Source
Source: Tasting Table newsletter
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: Ramen Seasoning Packets by cjs ([size=medium]Before ...)
These are great ideas!  And you're right, #6 is a must try!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
I think they all sound good. But then, we love anything salty. Really trying my best to cut down though.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I'm glad no one has chastised me.....yet. Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
OK, I'll be it. That stuff is super bad for you. You can achieve a similar flavor by using powdered or dehydrated onion, garlic,  a dash of ginger, pepper and a touch of salt. You can add poultry seasoning 2 teaspoons ground sage.**1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground thyme.**1 teaspoon ground marjoram.**3⁄4 teaspoon ground rosemary.**1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg.**1⁄2 teaspoon finely ground black pepper and mix it up yourself and put it in an empty spice jar. If you must add bouillon cube, use the low sodium kind.

Alternatively, just take a spoonful of salt and eat it first then eat the rest of your food Big Grin 

BTW, my favorite add-on flavoring is granulated garlic, onion powder (not onion salt), a pinch of sumac and kosher salt, with a touch of ginger or cumin depending on whether I want Asian or Spanish.
  Re: RE: Ramen Seasoning Packets by Cubangirl (OK, I'll be it. That...)
Thank you for that information.  I got some rice ramen from Costco, but it doesn't come with any seasoning.  I"m going to get busy making up a batch of this.
[Image: information.png]