DINNER THREAD, 5/8/17 - 5/14/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 5/8/17 - 5/14/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
We're going over to Holly's tonight to cook out and visit. Just a simple meal, burgers and I'm taking a salad.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Maryann, you have really been packing in a lot of family time lately!

Yesterday, when I was picking out our steak, I noticed baby back ribs were buy one, get one free, so I picked up a pack.  I've got corn on the cob for a side.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Those enchiladas look good Jean!

Not sure about dinner just yet.  Tony is heading to Costco for crab legs (please let the seafood station be set up for Mother's Day) and if he is successful, not sure if we will have those tonight or wait until actual Mother's Day.

Another alternative is grilled salmon, sweet potatoes and broccoli.
Sounds good, T! I love crab legs!

Yes, Daphne, I have had a LOT of family time recently and it's not even over yet. Monday night, Alyssa and Abby have an orchestra concert, the following Monday, Alyssa has a band concert, then on the 30th, Katie has 8th grade graduation!  Then, of course, we have Mother's day tomorrow, my birthday, then Memorial Day!  I sure picked a tough month to start low carbing!

Love that enchilada recipe. Thanks, Jean. Will be trying that one soon!
Maryann

Crab!! I need Crab!!! Everything sounds good.

Your schedule is exhausting me, Maryann - but I remember basking in those things with the kids. Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
SUNDAY (MOTHER'S DAY) DINNER, 5/14/17

See thread for Mother's Day for our daily postings.

Happy Mother's Day to all and I hope we are all spoiled rotten today!!

[Image: wine_zpszzpind2b.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Yes, I was spoiled this past Thursday evening with a nice dinner with my girls. This afternoon we will be going to visit my in-laws for a few hours.  Any more than that is exhausting for Lois and she just falls asleep.  I made her a batch of oatmeal raisin cookies and her favorite pizzelles.  Ron picked up a lovely bouquet of flowers for her.

I have a beef roast in the oven now and when it's done, will make gravy and take it with me for french dip sandwiches on crusty rolls.  I need a cheat day from low carbing, so that will be my treat.  Tongue
Maryann

I envy you, Maryann!  My children are so scattered.  That said, we were only able to get together with Mom and Ashley for lunch at Fish Bites.  Sadly, they have changed the shrimp and grits recipe.  I was so disappointed!  Everybody else left the table happy, so that was okay.  I should have ordered my favorite, the clams in a garlick white wine sauce.

Anyway, due to outside circumstances, we didn't do the ribs last night, so that was dinner tonight.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.