Birthday Dinner - Review Due Monday, 5/15/17
  Re: Birthday Dinner - Review Due Monday, 5/15/17 by cjs ([color=#000000][size...)
Not sure if I should add the nuts or not.  We have pistachios on hand all the time but if it they taste like dirt in this......  Wink
  Re: Birthday Dinner - Review Due Monday, 5/15/17 by cjs ([color=#000000][size...)
Oh my, I really have to find a different way to post food pix. Photobucket is so annoying!!!

Apricot Chicken with white/brown rice with asparagus instead of couscous. This was so easy a 12 year old could make it, and did! (with some supervision) Big Grin

Abby was so proud of the final dish. We used boneless, skinless thighs instead of breasts and it was delicious. That affected the timing, so we just kept checking with the thermometer. We gave both dishes a 9 and would make them again. No one complained about the pistachios, but I'm not so sure they added much anyway. This is definately an easy meal for a weeknight.

I didn't make the fruit cup because I didn't know Holly and Abby would be joining us. Ron would not care for it, so I just didn't make it. And, as much as that blueberry sauce was calling my name, I passed on it this time. I made a note to definately make this some time down the road.

[Image: IMG_0850_zpsvj7ow3be.jpg]
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I didn't have pistachios, so subbed candied pecans and I loved them with this dish. I made this using 2 pieces of breast meat and one thigh and even the breast pcs. were moist and tender.

Good for Abby!!!!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Long days in the past week have made doing anything more than basic impossible, but I will do this as soon as things slow down.  I hope that is soon!  Marybeth stopped by the office to work on a project for her own family's property and was shocked that we were still there at 7:30.  She suggested that making the trip to Augusta to get the puppy next week into a two day excursion was a great idea.  She said we needed to get away for a few days.  I think she's right.   Angel
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Can't wait to see pictures, Daphne. One good thing about a puppy (besides the obvious Heart ) is that she will force you to take turns stepping out of the office for a few minutes, which you probably forget to do right now. Small breaks clear our the cobwebs. Wink
Maryann

Made the apricot chicken last night and it was very good!  Jean, I'm glad I read the reviews one more time because I did see you subbed spicy cashews and I had brand new bag of them and they were a really good addition.  I didn't have parsley so I subbed green onions.  Would definitely make it again.  Rate it a 9
Glad you liked it too, Trixxee. Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I'm going to have to try that next time. Spicy pecans sounds like it would be great with that dish. And, I always like green onions, too.
Maryann

to the top for Trixxere
www.achefsjourney.com
Thanks Jean!