New Issue - #123

Got all excited seeing the new issue yesterday, but.... It has recipes for all the summer kind of eating we love, but ~90% of the ideas are things I've (we all) have been making for years. New twist on a couple which I'd like to try.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
  Re: New Issue - #123 by cjs ([size=small]Got all ...)
Yes, I felt the same way while briefly looking at it online this morning. There are a few recipes that I might try, but nothing really excited me about this issue.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I hope it will excite new cooks - there are some good ideas.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
I think that the Caesar Coleslaw and the Italian Two Bean Salad both sound good. Actually, there are a number of good sounding recipes, but not much that seems "new."

Especially good in this issue is the Tips and Timesavers, as well as Cuisine Notes Q&A.
Maryann

Not so much new stuff, but full of things we love in summer.  There actually quite a few I will make.

As a matter of fact, I'm seriously considering the clam recipe for tonight.  Clams are in at Clem's for $4.50 a dozen.  We shall see.

Although, it's hard for me to try something like this when I love the Flexing Mussel recipe we love for clams.  Speaking of which, does anybody remember who that recipe came from...Barbara?
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Shannon/Dismc 3/31/14 - we love this recipe, too.
www.achefsjourney.com
Well, it took getting to the last page, but found one I'm excited to make!!

The Bahn Mi wrap - sounds so tasty!
www.achefsjourney.com
I saw that too, Jean. Might try that with one of my Lavash low carb wraps. If the ingredients are tasty enough you don't notice that the wrap tastes like cardboard that much. Wink
Maryann