DINNER THREAD - 4/10/17 - 4/16/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD - 4/10/17 - 4/16/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
I think she might be trying to avoid having oily hands. It's always such a pain to wash off.

We are going out tonight to see Rocktopia, http://www.playhousesquare.org/events/detail/rocktopia. Ron might be working later than usual so we could be a bit rushed before the show. If we think we have enough time before the show, we're going to stop in a pub that is next door to the theater and have a quick bite.

ETA: I want to ask everyone to please keep my daughter, Holly, in your thoughts today. I am waiting for her to come out of surgery for a nerve block on her spine. She has a degenerated disk and is trying to put off having back surgery for as long as she can, so this nerve block may help for a while.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Exactly MA.  I've been doing it the old fashioned way forever.   It is kind of a pain to wash off.  Water has to be so hot.

Edited to add, will definitely keep Holly in my thoughts.  Hope the outcome is great.
OOOps Trixxee - sorry, didn't pick up on that. Sad

Of course Holly will be in our thoughts and prayers all day!!!! Will you be able to see her today??
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Yes, I took her home already. She was only at the surgery center for 3 hours. It can take up to 4 weeks for the full effect of the spinal block. She was in a lot of pain after the procedure, so had to be given drugs for that and was pretty loopy when I took her home. Fortunately, the girls are old enough to take care of themselves when they get home from school and will help her too.
Maryann

@I hope she heals quickly, Maryann and that this block will save her from surgery for a while longer.  She will be in our prayers.  So sweet the girls will be helping Mom!

Jean, that Ramein is "interesting"!  I'm just not much of a American cheese person.

Trixxee, your dinner sounds fabulous again!  But I may have you beat...IMHO. 

I'm going to try pictures again without Photobucket.  If this doesn't work, I'll come back on to add.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Holly's in good hands, isn't she?? I sure hope this works for her.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Now I got it!

Just before going on the grill.  This guy was also swimming in the ocean yesterday.  Fresh off the boat this morning.  I'll have to work on my fish grilling technique before I can show the finished product.  It wasn't pretty, but it sure was delicious!  I will definitely do it again!!!!

[Image: image_4.jpeg]

[Image: image_3.jpeg]
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Oh, Daphne, that's my kind of meal! Beautiful!

Thank you everyone for your kind words, thoughts and prayers. Holly is resting peacefully tonight and is doing fine.

As a side note: Rocktopia was amazing! We had such a great time tonight. Watch for it to come up on your local PBS station. Highly recommend!
Maryann

Mine, too!! looks great!
And, good news about Holly!

"Rocktopia" sounds so interesting - and, it's going to be on PBS in the future?? good. Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/14/17??

What's for dinner today??

Someone (on another forum) was talking about making a Blood Orange glaze for a piece of fish she has and that really got me salivating!! Luckily, a local produce 'shack' had some oranges and I have cod, so that's what we're having today. Along with a rice pilaf I made last night.

I love blood oranges and I picked up enough to make a favorite salad dressing, too.
www.achefsjourney.com