DINNER THREAD 4/5 - 4/9/17, PART II
  Re: DINNER THREAD 4/5 - 4/9/17, PART II by cjs ([size=small]Somethin...)
Our problem with a garden was that it was not convenient to harvest every day, preferably in the morning.

Mary Beth came in to draw this evening and started talking about milkshakes.  So William sent me to the bakery/ice cream shop next door for milkshakes for everybody.  OIY!  Maybe a little fruit and raw veggies for snacks, if anything.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
That sounds good - I can't remember the last time I had a shake!! I remember the days we would eat a burger, fries AND a shake. Good Lord! Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
T.G.I.F. Dinner, 4/7/17??

What's for dinner today??

Fun cooking day for me - I have no 'dinners/soup' in the freezer, so I'm just going to be making 3 or 4 soups and whatever else I have time to do.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Jean, are you going to try using the IP again for the broth?

Dinner tonight will be salmon glazed with teriyaki sauce, steamed jasmine rice, and asparagus, if it looks good when I get to the store.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
No, not making stock, just some good freezeable soups (cheap & dirty kind). Smile

I picked up some beautiful Creminis yesterday and now I'm salivating for Salisbury steak... I have asparagus, also - are you like me - I think of Blaine every time I have asparagus now. Smile Smile Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
Yep, sure do. Hope that now that he is retiring, he will have more time to spend on the forum with us. I wonder if he is still using a lot of Cuisine recipes?
Maryann

I was going to make a recipe a friend recommended, chicken brushetta (no bread, but chicken topped with brushetta toppings and a balsamaic glaze and baked parmesan zucchini spears but after being at the DMV (horrible place) for 2 1/2 hours, I'm pushing that off until tomorrow.  Tony is taking over and making beef and been burritos without the tortilla, for me at least.

But I am happy to say Michael passed his written driver's test (on the third try)!  He is pretty happy.  It was getting monotonous going to the DMV on every school break to try to pass the exam.  Written is the way to go - computerized tests penalizes you if you take too long to answer a question.  That's what happened the first two times.
Wow! Good for Michael! the chicken sounds interesting.

Maryann, I'm thinking of writing some kind of 'plea' post to put on f.b. - my page and on C@H's page and see if we can entice any new folks to come around.

Do you and Trixxee have any suggestions to put in the post???? I'm afraid we're going to get shut down...........
www.achefsjourney.com
Saturday's Dinner, 4/8/17??

What's for dinner today??

So many things to choose between - don't know what we'll have.

I got two soups made for the freezer yesterday (Mexican Stew and Beef Barley) and a loaf of another 'off the wall' bread machine recipe. Cake Mix Bread. This is how it came out of the machine...............  Huh  And, it looked underdone when I cut into it. But, when toasted, it tasted just like Hawaiian dinner rolls. Really tasty!

Isn't this weird?

[Image: Apr%207%20Cake%20Mix%20Bread_zpsm0h0ge90.jpg]
www.achefsjourney.com
Congratulations Michael! Now the scary part begins. Be safe out there!

Jean, I think that's a great idea to put something on FB. I would have to think about it for a bit to come up with any suggestions. Is there a lot of activity on Cuisine's FB page?

What about the anons on this forum? It's amazing how many are out there, yet so few will join in. I wonder if it's because we don't cook and review enough Cuisine recipes?

Dinner tonight is stuffed cabbage. Making a boat load today to share and taking some out to the in-laws. Forgot to start some bread, so will stop at BJ's on the way. They have a nice french bread that's partially baked and you just take it home to finish it off.

You know I will be trying that bread recipe, Jean.
Maryann