DINNER THREAD, 3/27/17 - 4/2/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 3/27/17 - 4/2/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
I brought home assorted meats, cheeses, and pizza rolls from "Amish country" today. My sister and I took a ride to Hartville to look at a used sewing machine that I wanted and did purchase. Then we went over to the huge indoor "Flea Market" http://www.hartvillemarketplace.com/ to buy food and have lunch.

So, for dinner, I am making a big salad to have with the goodies I brought home.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Sounds like a fun day, Maryann- and I'm sure you'll enjoy your 'new' machine. Smile

Today I made a
Clean the Fridge Pasta & leftover Game Hen salad – one of the better ones. I had lots of goodies (and a  mish mash of cheeses, which always helps!) for this dish. Will probably not be able to duplicate, but we’ll enjoy while we have it.
[Image: Mar%2030%20Pasta%20Salad%20w%20Artichoke...pbywlr.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/31/17??

What's for dinner today??

I kept adding too many goodies to yesterday's chicken/pasta salad and we have enough for an army (even sent some home with a friend so we won't get sick of it!) - so we'll finish it up today with garlic bread and fruit.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
That looks yummy! What kind of dressing did you use?

Tonight we're having Bernadette's Seafood Alfredo with penne pasta. I will use a combination of shrimp and scallops.
Maryann

That's the friend of yours, isn't it, Maryann? I made this a long time ago.

The dressing was just olive oil, marinade from the artichokes, red pepper flakes(pinch) and herbs (parsley, oregano & basil - dried)
www.achefsjourney.com
Oh, that sounds perfect!  I think I may have made something similar one time with ranch dressing.

Yes, Bernadette's family was like having the really fun big Italian family that we didn't have when I was a baby and we lived in Philadelphia. She really is like a sister to me. That recipe is one that she made up herself and we still enjoy it today.

ETA:  Wonder where Trixxee is today? I have a question about the Glass Castle......
Maryann

She's probably lost so much weight she is weak................ Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
Seriously!  

And Jean that pasta looks great!

So I was going to tease Trixxee!  I got asparagus for free today!!!  A good friend and client stopped by the office today.  When I asked him about his garden, he started describing it.  When he asked if I liked asparagus, William laughed and told him it was my favorite.  He brought me this:

[Image: IMG_0684.jpg]

Well, there was nothing else I could do but go get a couple of steaks!  (They were the best rib eyes I think we have ever had, and they were on sale!  Going back for more to put in the freezer tomorrow!). I decided we'd be good and roast some other veggies (broccoli, cauliflower carrot medly).  Great dinner!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Lookin' good! Asparagus is the only veggie I gave up on trying to grow. I think I was just too impatient to wait the, what 2 - 3 years to start harvesting.
www.achefsjourney.com
Saturday's Dinner, 4/1/17??

Be careful today not to get caught in  a joke!!

What's for dinner??

My poor fridge has only condiments in it and a lonely zucc  so I'm starting from scratch today and have no idea what we'll have.
www.achefsjourney.com