DINNER THREAD, 3/27/17 - 4/2/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 3/27/17 - 4/2/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
I'm sorry, Trixxee!  I bet that was hard to look at!

Tonight we will have the taco salad we were supposed to have last night.  We decided it was so pretty, we wanted to enjoy some patio time instead of going to Wing and Wine night.  Angel
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
No worries!  I can have any of those things any time I want - I just choose not to for now - as much as I can.   I did have a sandwich last week - it just wasn't hot and melty.  LOL.

In case anyone is wondering, I'm cutting out as many carbs as I can simply for weight loss and brain health.  I don't have diabetes.  LOL.
Gotta say a burger in lettuce wrap does not sound half bad...sometimes the bun is really just too much. good idea.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Wednesday's Dinner, 3/29/17??

What's for dinner today??

I have a Cornish game hen thawing - might play with the Sweet Garlic Chicken flavors along with my last 2 zucc for 'noodles'. IF, the rain is gone, I may toss those ideas out the window and GRILL!!!! Smile 

Time to settle down, run-around-girl, and get back to basics, Maryann.  Shy  
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
(03-29-2017, 08:29 AM)cjs Wrote: Gotta say a burger in lettuce wrap does not sound half bad...sometimes the bun is really just too much. good idea.

I remember doing something similar many years ago, the first time I tried a low carb diet. I used to cut up a cheeseburger and put it on top of a chopped romaine salad with Italian dressing. It was surprisingly satisfying. BTW, I did drop a fast 10 lbs. the first month. Just had a hard time staying with it.

So tonight, I will be cooking for my dad and Ron and making an old recipe from my mom for city chicken, mashed potatoes, and peas and carrots, along with homestyle bread that is on the rise at this time. Making two loaves so one can go home with Dad, along with a container of another serving from dinner. I always serve a small dish of applesauce with any kind of pork instead of a salad.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Making this new recipe.

http://www.finecooking.com/recipes/spicy...-slaw.aspx
Wow, that looks delicious. Please let us know how you like that one, Trixxee.
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
STOP IT!! Trixxee, you've been posting so many good sounding dishes lately, my stack is getting too high! Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
Trixxe, you do find the best looking dishes!  I'm interested in how the beef is with the slaw!

We have had fridge issues, and I worked on taxes all day, so we ordered pizza.  The fridge seems better today.  I finally figured out how to change the thermostat, and that seems to have done the trick so far. We'll see!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Thursday's Dinner, 3/30/17??

What's for dinner?? 

Very simple roasted game hen yesterday and I came home with so many leftovers from the Motley crew, had to go with those for the sides. Seems like Bar food always comes with fries and no one else likes to 're-purpose' them like I do, so as usual I end up sheet  pans of them in the freezer to play with later! I also brought home my salad/dressing and 3 beautiful pieces of fried Cod - Fish tacos in the next few days!!

Funny story about game hens and I've probably told this a million times........ Undecided  in the 70s, Roy and I would laugh at my Mom & Dad for having leftovers with a game hen!! We each ate a half.....we now have leftovers from a game hen!  Heart Big Grin Big Grin  So, I'll do something with those today.
www.achefsjourney.com