DINNER THREAD, 3/20/17 - 3/26/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 3/20/17 - 3/26/17 by cjs ([size=medium][b][u]M...)
The salmon patties look great Jean.
Thanks Trixxee - your 'stock' sounds good, too. Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Your salmon patties do look good, Jean. Now I'm wanting salmon patties! Big Grin
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
Thanks Maryann - I just love them. today's dinner was certainly fun and very tasty.  I read somewhere about laying out thinly sliced onions and shaping beef burger patties on top; frying onion side down, then finishing the patties onion side up. These were delicious and I'll sure do it again. Smile
[Image: Mar%2024%20prepping%20fried%20onion%20bu...6x1i7p.jpg]
[Image: Mar%2024%20Fried%20Onion%20Burger_zpsgt6rosnq.jpg]
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Jean, I LOVE the burger and onions idea!  Trying that one for sure!

Trixxe, it sounds like you have some good options!

It's really late, because we have been sitting out on the patio enjoying the last of this beautiful day here!!!  It's supposed to be gorgeous all weekend!  Even so, I think we will go with William's plan anyway....steak, baked potatoes and asparagus.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Saturday's Dinner, 3/25/17??

What's for dinner??

I think something from the freezer - it's filling up again...
www.achefsjourney.com
Tony's making a pot of ham and lentil soup.
We had dibs and dabs of l/os tonight, along with l/o sloppy joes.

For anyone who might be interested, Ron really likes when I take a can of chicken noodle soup and give it an Asian twist. All I do is add a dab (1/2 tsp. or so) of hot chili garlic paste, a tsp. of hoisin, a small handful of spinach, and top with thinly sliced scallions when it's done.
Maryann

Sunday Dinner, 3/26/17??

What's for dinner?  

I made a cheap & dirty stroganoff without mushroom soup, but with sour cream Heart  yesterday, so will try to clean that up today.

I have a round of pizza dough 'aging' in the fridge for tomorrow and out of the blue yesterday I thought of trying a take off of a BLT topping, but using a spicy Asian peanut butter sauce instead of just peanut butter. We love p.b. on BLTs, so thinking this combination might be something to try. Fingers crossed.

Maryann, I love your doctoring of the soup - I always have boxes of Pacific Roasted Red Pepper & Tomato soup in the pantry to add dibs and dabs to for our later dinners - some really off the wall combinations really work!! Copied this one for sure. Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
Jean, I forgot to mention that you might want to use low sodium soup since the hoisin might make it too salty for you.

We are celebrating our son-in-laws birthday today and going back to the Hofbrauhaus where we had Ron's birthday party. http://hofbrauhauscleveland.com/
No way to eat "lite" at this place, so will most likely be sharing an entree with Heather.
Maryann