DINNER THREAD, 3/20/17 - 3/26/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 3/20/17 - 3/26/17 by cjs ([size=medium][b][u]M...)
I'm leaving shortly to pick up my dad and take him to the Botanical Garden. http://www.cbgarden.org/ No gardens in bloom outside, but the glass house has plenty to look at, along with the daily butterfly release. I'm hoping that all that oxygen will help my dad perk up a bit. Winter has been hard on him.

Since we are going to be in the vicinity, we will go to "Little Italy" afterwards for a late lunch. So, no cooking for me today. I will be bringing home some kind of baked pasta for Ron. Smile
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
sounds like a fun, restful day, Maryann
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
No shortage of good food again today.

Hope your dad (and you!) enjoy the botanical gardens, MA.
Thanks T, we did! All that oxygen and the fragrance in the air makes a person smile from ear to ear. Smile

Not really a restful day, Jean. In order to reach the gardens, and all the museums in our area, we have to drive busy highways and go through downtown CLE to the other side of town. It's always a bit crazy, but I keep doing it anyway. Wink
Maryann

Maryann, I get tense driving in the cities here in NC, I can't imagine how freaked out I'd get somewhere like Cleveland!  

Tonight was Wing and Wine night!  We celebrated two big invoices today!
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Daphne, I felt like that when we went to Chicago a few weeks back. The highways were so busy and you can't hesitate changing lanes. People just cut each other off right and left. It's nuts.

Sounds like business is on a roll! Good for you! You two make a great team. Sounds like your new life is agreeing with you. Wink

I put a whole chicken in a brine this morning. Later today it will go into the Ronco rotisserie because our weather changed once again. It was 60 yesterday and just gorgeous. This morning it's 25! Ron would still use the grill, but we haven't used the rotisserie in a while and really do like it.
Maryann

I agree! Good working team out there. Smile
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Wednesday's Dinner, 3/22/17??

What's for dinner?? 

Using some of the short ribs (which are so tasty!) for something, but don't know what yet.
www.achefsjourney.com
Congrats on the invoices, Daphne!  Tony got a PO this week too - a nice one.  Things are starting to pick up in that regard.

I am going to try this ground beef stroganoff recipe, but will serve it over cauliflower rice.  We'll see how that works out.

http://www.spendwithpennies.com/ground-b...hamburger/
Another dish I haven't made forever - Stroganoff  Thought I'd share the eating habits of the Denhams a couple night this week..... Junk food splurge!!

Since we eat our main meal (eat your hearts out, non-retirees  ), we like something very light later – really went for the junk food this week. One night Roy had his favorite ‘dog’ – sausage on a Spinach wrap with l/o veggies – I had crackers and peanut butter. Last night we really went overboard on junk food!! A Danish with melted butter and a bowl of frozen yogurt and chocolate sauce. Sure glad I’m not influencing kids at home any more.
[Image: Mar%2020%20Roys%20hot%20dog%20in%20wrap_zpsujjseajk.jpg]

[Image: Mar%2021%20later%20ice%20cream%20Danish_zpsrugqkjb4.jpg]

But, we did eat well at noon yesterday  - Love these short ribs

[Image: Mar%2021%20Slow%20Cooker%20Short%20Ribs%...ihuvev.jpg]

It's fun being bad!!!!  Rolleyes
www.achefsjourney.com