DINNER THREAD, 2/27/17 - 3/5/17
  Re: DINNER THREAD, 2/27/17 - 3/5/17 by cjs ([b][u][size=medium]M...)
No big deal, Jean. We're just driving up to Chicago to go to Heather's graduation ceremony. She didn't even want to go, but we all kind of pushed her into it because we think she will be glad that she went.

Did you have your other eye done today or was that a checkup?
Maryann

"Drink your tea slowly and reverently..."
I was kid f assuming you did the other eye?  I hope all went better today, Jean!

I'm glad you guys talked her into going.  You all celebrated Holly's success not long ago.  Heather's accomplishment is no less worthy, for sure.  Holding down a teaching job with two kids AND getting a master?!?!  I chose not to do it!  I started, but after moving to Southport, loosing some of my hours and getting pregnant with my second kid?   UMMM...NO!  LOL!  My hat's off to Heather!!!

I had breakfast for dinner for the last two nights, but with wing night and working late yesterday, I haven't gotten to it.  And now William has requested pizza instead.  Go figure.  He usually likes that meal.
Daphne
Keep your mind wide open.
Well, DUH! Of course, congrats again, Heather. Awful weather to travel - everyone take care.
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
T.G.I.F. Dinner, 3/3/17??

What's for dinner??

Have no idea here, yet.

All went o.k. yesterday - today a follow up and then that's it!
Retired and having fun writing cookbooks, tasting wine and sharing recipes with all my friends.
www.achefsjourney.com
Have a nice  trip Maryann!

We are actually going out for sushi.  We don't go out much these days as we're still on that budget.  The sushi place we are going to has a happy hour that starts at 4:00 and they have quite a few discounted items and I think beer is half price and wine $2.00 off.  I know for sure I'm getting some baked mussels - a whole order for me, no splitting.  Wink

And I have a $8.00 coupon for a large Papa John's pizza and Michael has requested that.  It's right across from the sushi place so we won't even have to pay for delivery or a tip.  So frugal.  LOL.
You're doing great getting into the budget life, Trixxee!! And, sometimes it can be fun to see how really frugal we can be. Smile
www.achefsjourney.com
I agree on the excitement to be found when trying to be frugal.  I have been there, myself.  Sadly, when the budget got a little bigger, I went back to my old ways.  I need to think about that a little more.  I think there is a lesson in there somewhere.  LOL!

But I have done some damage control recently.  This week, I called in and got unlimited data for our Verizon plan.  It's a long story.  For several years now, we have only kept our home phone line because the agent told me it was cheaper than just going internet only.  Plus, that phone number has belonged to the DeLaney family since before William was born.  Since we are home so little, and we now have the unlimited data, I finally let the phone line and Internet go.  (Oh, and suddenly they were interested in offering all kinds of alternative plans to save me money.  Day late and a dollar short!).  I need to check about my email, since it is tied to that service.  That's going to be a pain....Facebook, doctors, friends, etc.  OIY!

Anyway, have fun on your discount splurge, Trixxee!  Enjoy!

We had another large, late lunch, so we will just fix a ham sandwich when or if we get hungry.
Daphne
Saturday's Dinner 3/4/17??

What's on the menu for today??

Last pkg. of Braised Beef from the freezer and truffled noodles here.
www.achefsjourney.com
Cuisine's chicken cutlets with topped with toasted almonds and a butter/wine sauce.  Asparagus.  I also have a smallish sweet potato to dice up and roast.
Trixxe, I can't get over your fortitude!  It's admirable!  BTW, how was the sushi?

I had a late lunch again, so I will have the leftovers from my lunch if I get hungry.  I had William stop and get a burger on the way home.

I'm making ham salad to take back with us tomorrow, and I'll have the ham bone for soup next week.  I need to go check my food processor model right now while I've got it out!  I finally remembered!
Daphne